xliff-promotion message

Subject: Groups - Event "Regular SC meeting (3rd Tues) (renewed)" modified

Submitter's message
Added Minutes
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: Regular SC meeting (3rd Tues) (renewed)

Date: Tuesday, 21 February 2012, 05:00pm - 06:00pm GMT
Location: GoTo Meeting
Description

  1.  Please join my meeting.

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/421352758

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Germany: +49 (0) 898 7806 6465
Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 982
United States: +1 (909) 259-0010

Access Code: 421-352-758

Meeting Password: 54321
Meeting ID: 421-352-758

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy™

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

Good news. Microsoft Windows team sent 4 to XLIFF TC

1. SotA Report Published. Preparations for next round.

2. IN! Infocall minutes published, next steps?

3. Work on XLIFF profiling policy and propose the policy to TC, initial discussion (profiling for both 1.2 and 2)

4. MultilingualWeb-LT Charter reviewed. Next steps in forming liaison.

5. Input from Paul OASIS/GALA webinar, follow up?

AOB

Minutes

Resulting Action items:

Lucia: new design of the survey in the next 6 business days.

All: input about profiling to David within next 5 business days.

Bryan/David: Open calendar-driven paradigm discussion on the TC.

David: Contact LocWorld organizers re XLIFF Symposium (next 10 business days)

Attendance crosscheck:

Arle, Joachim, Lucia, David, Asanka, Bryan.

Minutes:

 Minutes from last session passed without objections.

David: we have approved the SotA report. The ballot has passed affirmatively. We should start talking on the next steps. We should publish next one in May and try to reach the significant no show. Lucia, could you implement the changes taking into account the lessons from the last one. If you can have it in the next 6 days, we can discuss it within the sc. And present the new design to the main TC in the next meeting.

Lucia: Ok.

David: when we will have the new version of the questionnaire we can reach the significant no shows.

Arle: Helena told me that IBM had submitted an answer, but was ignored.

Lucia: this is the first time I hear this. I will double check, but please ask her when they submitted their answer.

David: The Interoperability Now meeting minutes have been published. There was not movement on their side.

Arle: I talked to Micah last week. And they are going to have the new spec next week maybe.

David: … we should leave this topic now on hold, unless we hear from them soon.

Arle: It is very difficult to communicate with IN because there is not a clear person in charge, to ask for issues.

David: We should compile do’s and don’t’s for XLIFF profiling…. Do you want to propose something just now? The two principles would be:

1.       Never put standardised features into extensions.

2.       [could not recollect the second principle.. J]

I will elaborate more on this offline for discussion. Send me your input by e-mail within next 5 business days or so..

David: MultilingualWeb-LT liaison. Arle, do you have an idea how this should be done?

Arle: You, Yves and me are involved. We could talk of what we push into XLIFF from there.

David: I am one of the Initial Chairs, so I think I should become MultilingualWeb-LT liaison in XLIFF TC. And another TC member, who is at the same time at MultilingualWeb-LT (Yves or Arle) should become XLIFF liaison there.

Arle: I can take the other role.

David: We should approve this at the main TC; if you volunteer I can propose you as the person to be the liaison.

Arle: It is fine with me; I think Yves can also help on this.

David: Bryan, do you think that we can have a quote from you as a chair of the TC to the Multilingual LT.

Bryan: When do you need it?

David: Maybe this week?

Bryan: Yes, I can do that, give me some indications (scope, length) and I will do it.

David: thanks, I will do it offline.

David: Input from Paul OASIS/GALA webinar, follow up

Arle: It got a significant attendance. And got very good reviews.

David: I was looking at the registration list, and I saw mainly LSPs.

Arle: I don’t have them with me, but I can request some statistics.

David: I think it is good to have impact on LSPs. Also because we have now on the XLIFF TC mainly corporations and not so much LSPs as before. Unless you consider GALA (and other associations [PSBT, TAUS]) as representing LSPs.

Arle: The thing is LSPs do not have the enough resources to have a presence in the TC. And they represent a good part of the issue.

David: What Paul said made sense to me. The issue of the “calendar date” was raised again (as in the IN meeting). Bryan quoted the idea of feature driven rather than calendar driven. I think it is time now to change this.

Bryan: I would support this change. I am making efforts to maximise the in-between-meetings time.

David: I am glad about this change and that you support the switch to “calendar driven”. New corporations on board (Oracle and Microsoft) and I think it is the perfect time now to speed up things. The base calculator technique Bryan proposed on TC list might be a good and efficient way to initiate the change.

Maybe we should announce in the mailing list that we would like to change the approach and open it for discussion.

Bryan: I want to make sure that we are not discouraging people from adding new features.

David: When do you think that the feature list should be frozen?

David: I believe the steps towards calendar driven should be:

1.    Evaluate the time needed.

2.    Allow newcomers time enough to add their features.

3.    Freeze and recalculate

4.    Set calendar driven deadline

Bryan: It seems a good way to go.

AOB:

Bryan: progress on symposium 3?

David: no progress since last time. Action item to me to follow up on this. Need to connect with LocWorld organizers this or next week.

Lucia: Friedel Wolff and I published a paper. Available here: http://revistes.uab.cat/tradumatica/article/view/4/pdf

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC
Sharing: This event is not shared to any other groups.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:GMT
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20000101T000000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=1
TZNAME:GMT
TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
TZOFFSETTO:+0000
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20120306T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=GMT:20120221T170000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=GMT:20120221T180000
SEQUENCE:58
SUMMARY:Regular SC meeting (3rd Tues) (renewed)
LOCATION:GoTo Meeting
  meeting.\nhttps://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/421352758\n \n2.
   Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is
  recommended.  Or\, call in using your telephone.\n
  \nGermany: +49 (0) 898 7806 6465\nIreland: +353 (0) 14 845
  982\nUnited States: +1 (909) 259-0010\n \nAccess Code:
  421-352-758\nAudio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting\n
  \nMeeting Password: 54321\nMeeting ID: 421-352-758\n
  \nGoToMeeting&reg\; \nOnline Meetings Made
  Easy&trade\;\n\nAgenda: Good news. Microsoft Windows team
  sent 4 to XLIFF TC\n1. SotA Report Published. Preparations
  for next round.\n2. IN! Infocall minutes published\, next
  steps?\n3. Work on XLIFF profiling policy and propose the
  policy to TC\, initial discussion (profiling for both 1.2
  and 2)\n4. MultilingualWeb-LT Charter reviewed. Next steps
  in forming liaison.\n5. Input from Paul OASIS/GALA webinar\,
  follow up?\nAOB\nGroup: XLIFF Promotion and Liaison
  SC\nCreator: Dr. David Filip
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=32843
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=32843
BEGIN:VALARM