xliff-promotion message

Subject: Re: [xliff-promotion] Groups - Event "Regular SC meeting (3rd Tues) (renewed)" modified

David,

I cannot make it today. I will be headed to the airport t that time.

-Arle

Sic scripsit David Filip in May 1, 2012 ad 04:08 :

Submitter's message
Added Minutes, please review..
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: Regular SC meeting (3rd Tues) (renewed)

Date: Tuesday, 17 April 2012, 05:00pm - 06:00pm GMT
Location: GoTo Meeting
Description

  1.  Please join my meeting.

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Germany: +49 (0) 898 7806 6465
Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 982
United States: +1 (909) 259-0010

Access Code: 421-352-758

Meeting Password: 54321
Meeting ID: 421-352-758

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy™

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

1. Progress of SotA report - Lucía

2. XLIFF Symposium

a. logistics

b. TAUS conflict (inputs from Arle and discussion)

Minutes

Agenda

1. Progress of SotA report - Lucía
2. XLIFF Symposium
a. logistics
b. TAUS conflict (inputs from Arle and discussion)

Attendance:
Bryan
Yves Savourel
Joachim Schurig
Lucia
Asanka
David Filip

1. Progress of SotA report - Lucía
Lucía: 9 tool makers provided answers but not all of them provided full valid answers.
David: We need to have at least 14 tools to make this survey relevant, if we do not get them by the end of the deadline we might extend it.
Lucía: Action item: send a reminder to those who have not sent the survey. Send also an email to Arle to distribute the reminder as well.
2. XLIFF Symposium
a. logistics
David: we had a successful call with the locworld people.
Bryan: I agree. It went very well.
David: we will continue with solving logistics after this call. I am optimistic as we have the buy in of the three main Localization World stakeholders: Ulrich, Daniel, and Donna. We need to look into budget; the event will be a federated event, so the LTWeb and CNGL might provide some funds. But we will need to have registration fee for XLIFF Symposium to provide funds for the XLIFF part.
We have some preliminary information for the cost of the event: the price might go to 23000 dollars (coffee breaks, renting of the rooms…) for the whole federated event.
We need to provide the scientific committee and based on the proposals we will receive we will decide how the tracks would be organised.
Monday would be reserved for the XLIFF face-to-face meeting. In the morning we can have the public meeting, there would be members from other standard committees around so it would be good to have them as well.
On Tuesday should be dedicated to technical talks. So there might not be conflict with the TAUS event.
We would take two slots as preconference slots, like showcases which could be interesting for a broader audience.

b. TAUS conflict (inputs from Arle and discussion)
David: There is a conflict with the TAUS conference having it on the same day.
Joachim: I think there would be different people in their companies attending the two events.
Arle: I do see some issues with the overlapping. We might give it a second thought.
Arle: how many people attend taus events?
David: More than one hundred in the user conferences.
Arle: Do you think we should switch the order? What is the actual order?
David: Monday- face-to-face meetings
Tuesday: symposium (technical presentations, case studies...)
Preconference day: showcases (presentations that have potential to attract broader Localization World Audience).

Arle: It would not make sense actually to switch the order, as people coming for both Symposium and Locworld would have an extra day in between..
David: the registration fee. LocWorld offered to manage the registration logistics for us. We should try to make the registration fees as low as possible, but at the same time cover the cost.
Arle: We could see the list of participants from previous years, and if we see that there would be a major overlap, there is an issue.
Joachim: The issue might be more indirect, like competing for travel budgets within organizations.

3. Other issues:
David: Arle can you tell us about the plugtest? Is it Plugtest of Plugfest anyway?
Arle: The plugtest: you put a bunch of tool providers in a room and you make them working on interoperability issues. ETSI is looking into doing this with XLIFF people along with their ex-OSCAR portfolio. It can take a couple of days. You will need to get companies to sponsor these activities. October might be too packed for this, maybe it can be done in Spring together with an MLW-LT workshop.
Joachim: ETSI is not doing any motion by itself, they expect us to move to do it.
Arle: it is true, it a service the offer, but it is something that we have to do.
Bryan: The plugtest really looks good, I was really impressed.
Joachim: Yes, it looks like a lot of work and very complicated.
David: What are the requirements for the participants?
Arle: it is not an issue about members or not members. If we want to have other people in, it is not an issue. ETSI provides the logistics and their expertise to run this. Nothing else, the initiators need to provide funds..

Multilingual magazine and standards articles
Lucía: the current number of multilingual magazine has some articles on standards,  I think it is worth having a look at them.

Action items:
Lucía: Survey reminder.
Arle: Contact TAUS people

David: Meeting adjourned.

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC
Sharing: This event is not shared to any other groups.
<ical_32845.ics>