xliff-promotion message

Subject: Groups - Event "P&L SC meeting" modified

Submitter's message
added meeting minutes..
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: P&L SC meeting

Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2013, 04:00pm to 05:00pm WET
Location: GoTo Meeting
Description

1.  Please join my meeting.
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/421352758

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Germany: +49 (0) 898 7806 6465
Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 982
United States: +1 (909) 259-0010

Access Code: 421-352-758

Meeting Password: 54321
Meeting ID: 421-352-758

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy™

Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device via the GoToMeeting app.

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

4th XLIFF Symposium

Minutes

Attendance:
Bryan, Joachim, Kevin, David, Lucia, Yves

David: Across is now implementing XLIFF, which is good news for the standard. About the XLIFF Symposium, the proposed keynote speaker is Des Oates, but it is not confirmed yet. This can be a really good motivator.
David: Regarding the microtalk for the main LocWorld conference in London, Kevin brought the MSFT perspective, giving the business point of view.
David: What do you think about working on the XLIFF Wiki? The SC work is not normally visible from outside, but the main TC wiki is visible from outside.. It would be sort of security by obscurity.
Kevin: It is difficult always to find links in wiki, so I think it would be fine.
Yves: Wiki for SC would be fine, only TC have write access anyway.

David: The link to the SC from the main TC webpage is broken and vice versa.
David: Bryan, could you set up some space on the main wiki for the symposium organisation work.
Bryan: Yes.
David: Yves, would you have time to answer the comment on the inline implementation?
Yves: I will try this week.
David: I assume there are no good news from ENLASO production or sales regarding participating in the symposium.
Yves: No.
David: Can I approach the CSO?
Yves: He will not do it.
David: OK. Is there any hope of getting anybody else from ENLASO production or sales?
Yves: I don’t think so.

David: what about Lionbridge?
Joachim: I will continue the discussion internally. Could I get a list of the participants of the last meeting?
David: I can give you the companies that participated, not the participant names for privacy reasons.
Joachim: That should suffice.
David: Kevin, we are already covered the content for the main slot. Is there any progress in implementation partners for Sharepoint and VS?
Kevin: Nothing substantial to report. The SharePoint team is restructured, I am trying to get a new contact. Some people are using the VS add on for their internal workflow, I can talk to them and see if they are interested...
David: we were surprised last year that you said that it was only intended for small things, like friend and family, it felt like a company solution from the start.
Kevin: Yes, that was the initial development goal.
David: It would be very interesting if you can point us to a company that are using it.
Kevin: I will follow on that.

David: Bryan, you had some ideas about CMS roundtrips, did you talk to some of these CMS guys?
Bryan: I was actually referring to docbook guys. I am familiar with the one I talked about in Rome (Drupal).
Lucia: In the University of Salamanca they are doing research on joomla and xliff. I am trying to convince them to participate.
David: I can try to recruit some CNGL working on CMSs as well. CMIS based on Alfresco at TCD.

Joachim: The way XLIFF is evolving can be a good talk. How do we want to see the interoperability in the next five years? How should we position XLIFF towards other initiatives like Linport?
David: We had nice discussion with Andrew and Chase in Seattle. I agree that it can be a good topic to bring to the discussion.
David: do you know if they are transitioning to OASIS?
Joachim: What I heard, is that they wanted to finish it outside a standard organisation and then transfer it to a standard organisation.
David: I think there are two sides on this issue about containers: on the one hand we have the real life situations, on the other hand I don’t believe that other things that are not core can be dispatched as zip files. I advocate a specifically developed UBL Template for the business metadata.

David: Kevin, or others, do you have any good SDL contacts? I will try to follow up with Ingo.  I am trying to get other tool makers as well.

Lucía: There are still a references to Seattle in the main XLIFF TC webpage and the Symposium CFP webpage.

David: Meeting adjourned.

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC
Sharing: This event is not shared to any other groups.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Lisbon
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
TZNAME:WET
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0000
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000326T010000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:WEST
TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20130402T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20130319T160000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20130319T170000
SEQUENCE:58
SUMMARY:P&L SC meeting
LOCATION:GoTo Meeting
  meeting.\n\n	https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/421352758\n\n
  \n\n	2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset
  is recommended.  Or\, call in using your telephone.\n\n
  \n\n	Germany: +49 (0) 898 7806 6465\n\n	Ireland: +353 (0) 14
  845 982\n\n	United States: +1 (909) 259-0010\n\n
  \n\n	Access Code: 421-352-758\n\n	Audio PIN: Shown after
  joining the meeting\n\n	 \n\n	Meeting Password:
  54321\n\n	Meeting ID: 421-352-758\n\n
  \n\n	GoToMeeting&reg\; \n\n	Online Meetings Made
  Easy&trade\;\n\n	 \n\n	Not at your computer? Click the link
  to join this meeting from your iPhone&reg\;\, iPad&reg\; or
  Android&reg\; device via the GoToMeeting app.\n\nAgenda:
  \n	4th XLIFF Symposium\nGroup: XLIFF Promotion and Liaison
  SC\nCreator: Dr. David Filip
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=33673
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=33673
BEGIN:VALARM