xliff-promotion message

Subject: Groups - Event "Regular SC meeting (1st Tues)" modified

Submitter's message
Added minutes from April 2. Thanks, Joachim, for scribing
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: Regular SC meeting (1st Tues)

Date: Tuesday, 02 April 2013, 05:00pm to 06:00pm WEST
Location: GoTo Meeting
Description

GoToMeeting Invitation - XLIFF P&L SC meeting

1.  Please join my meeting.
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/421352758

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 982
Germany: +49 (0) 898 7806 6465
United States: +1 (909) 259-0010

Access Code: 421-352-758

Meeting Password: 54321
Meeting ID: 421-352-758

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy®

Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device via the GoToMeeting app.

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

Dedicated to 4th XLIFF Symposium preparations until June 4, 2013

Minutes

XLIFF P&L SC meeting April 2nd 2013

Attending: Bryan, David, Peter, Yves, Kevin, Joachim

David: Paula Shannon will give the XLIFF keynote at the Symposium (together with Joachim)

David: Room for f2f in London secured, Kevin now booked it for 9am for the whole day. How will we do for lunch?

Kevin: We can probably order for catering, for some boxed food.

Bryan and Joachim agree for

David clarifies that there will be a general keynote by Des Oates, followed by an XLIFF specific keynote by Paula (andJoachim) on the success story of XLIFF in Lionbridge.

Peter agrees with Paula doing the keynote

David: Joachim please add a submission to easychair for the keynote

Yves: will see if I can propose anything myself

David: Kevin confirmed for Ryan for the 1.2 / 2.0 comparison speech, Joachim, can you confirm for Fredrik?

Joachim: yes, he is very positive about the idea

David: please connect both of them and have them submit a proposal to easychair

David: we need the subcommittee wiki page to extend our discussion about the agenda for FEISGILLT

Bryan: will care for it

Peter: will contact SDL, Atril, Wordfast, Kilgray for participation at Symposium

David: will contact Alchemy, Enda, and shall not forget to discuss participation with Across

Kevin: contacted the sharepoint people to find out if there are implementors of the XLIFF interface, but it might be too early yet for sharepoint 2013 in the market to expect stories to tell today

David: what about the VS plugin?

Kevin: it might be interesting to have companies present how they use the xliff interface internally. But not sure if they are already willing to share the experience. Should have a response in two weeks of time

David: we will extend the deadline to accomodate for those, but not yet publish the extension

David: Bryan, anything on the CMS or CCMS front to present?

Bryan: will look into the last minutes to check for the companies proposed to contact and try that

Peter: proposed to contact Tony.

David: will ask Lucia and Asanka for proposals, too

David: XLIFF 2.0, ITS 2.0, wildcard

Bryan: wiki page for SC now at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/SymposiumWiki

Kevin: is there a possibility for someone, Yves? to present the connection between ITS 2.0 and XLIFF 2.0

Yves: yes, that could well be done.. who should do that, David?

David: It's a topic with good potential.. maybe I, Dave Lewis, Yves, can talk about the canonical round trip. Maybe a panel of implementors would make more sense than one or two speakers

Yves: sounds good. Maybe not only for 2.0, but already for the mapping to XLIFF 1.2

Kevin: other question: internal discussion about xliff 2.0 and implementation of the modules. would it be interesting to give an impression on the implementation effort for the different tools as per our assessment, so that we can forecast which of those would find wide adoption and which might not prove very popular?

David: might depend on the starting line, but sounds like an interesting idea. Should maybe go into Ryan's and Fredrik's prez

Kevin: what is your expectation how far the specification will be formally at time of the symposium

David: would expect it to be in public review

Bryan: first public review is always the long one

David: if we are lucky we should be in the 2nd or 3rd public review

Peter: proposes the ISO TC37 SC5 liaison

David: asks Peter to introduce this into the second next TC meeting, to leave room in the next one for the module vs. global approval of the spec

Peter: Agree

Bryan: Agree

Meeting adjourned

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC
Sharing: This event is not shared to any other groups.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Lisbon
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
TZNAME:WET
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0000
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000326T010000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:WEST
TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20130416T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20130402T170000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20130402T180000
SEQUENCE:13
SUMMARY:Regular SC meeting (1st Tues)
LOCATION:GoTo Meeting
  meeting\n\n	1.  Please join my
  meeting.\n	https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/421352758
  \n\n	2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset
  is recommended.  Or\, call in using your telephone.
  \n\n	Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 982\n	Germany: +49 (0) 898
  7806 6465\n	United States: +1 (909) 259-0010 \n\n	Access
  Code: 421-352-758\n	Audio PIN: Shown after joining the
  meeting \n\n	Meeting Password: 54321\n	Meeting ID:
  421-352-758 \n\n	GoToMeeting&reg\; \n	Online Meetings Made
  Easy&reg\; \n\n	Not at your computer? Click the link to join
  this meeting from your iPhone&reg\;\, iPad&reg\; or
  Android&reg\; device via the GoToMeeting app.\n\nAgenda:
  \n	Dedicated to 4th XLIFF Symposium preparations until June
  4\, 2013\nGroup: XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC\nCreator:
  Dr. David Filip
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=35060
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=35060
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY
TRIGGER;RELATED=START:-PT00H15M00S
END:VALARM
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
[...]
DTSTAMP:20130305T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20130507T170000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20130507T180000
SEQUENCE:14
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=35061
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=35061