xliff-promotion message

Subject: Modified: P&L SC September 15, 2015

Submitter's message
corrected date
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: P&L SC September 15, 2015

Date: Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 05:00pm to 06:00pm WEST
Location: same channel as TC
Description

P&L Subcommittee meeting 15 September 2015

Action items:

Lucia: check systems for logic possibilities for the survey. Finish the questionnaire by the end of the week. Gather information about respondents (previous contacts).

Bryan and Yves to check for Asian downloads of their Open Source tools, follow up with Asian stakeholders

dF: Topic: next symposium.

L: what about doing it once in a two years period?

dF: Yes, we have previously discussed the idea.. It may be an overload of information for the community.. But at the same time, many things are happening and we need to collect all that information from the community, that is why I think we should do it annually, besides SC charter mandates us to organize an annual Symposium, this could be changed on next extension.

Do it in Asia can be quite risky, the usual audience might have problems going to Asia. I have had some conversation with Asian companies and academics. There is some traction, the W3C has a good presence in East Asia, Felix could help mobilize standards aware folks in East Asia.

B: we can also talk to the tool makers in the TC. It is an unknown territory.

Df: when I proposed in Dublin 2014, to go to Shanghai in 2015, almost all people said that it was too expensive to go there. My feeling is that Dublin is a good strong location. I would not discard the Asia idea, but I’d ask the SC members to try to make contacts there and start studying that possibility. We cannot keep postponing the Asian Symposium indefinitely.. We cannot afford to stay an North Atlantic pact. I’ve had some contacts in Africa pointed the Ethiopian L10n infra program towards XLIFF and ITS…

Df: any experience creating a committee in OASIS?

B: the closest thing was the creation of OAXAL.

Df: It is a lot of paperwork. There are some redtape issues.  I will probably share a draft of the charter based on my communication with Chet. Do you feel we can have this discussion at TC/SC?

B: Absolutely, it is our liaison.

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

Next Symposium Location?

Next SotA report / Questionnaire design

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

Microsoft Outlook users: You will see event notifications requiring further action in your Outlook mail application.
Non-Outlook users: We still recommend subscribing to a Group or organization-wide calendar to keep your calendar updated.

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the updated Group web calendar here.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Lisbon
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
TZNAME:WET
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0000
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000326T010000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:WEST
TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20150929T123752Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20150915T170000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20150915T180000
SEQUENCE:1
SUMMARY:P&L SC September 15, 2015
LOCATION:same channel as TC
LAST-MODIFIED:20150929T123752Z
ORGANIZER:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org
 n\nLucia: check systems for logic possibilities for the surv
 ey. Finish the questionnaire by the end of the week. Gather
 information about respondents (previous contacts).\n\nBryan
 and Yves to check for Asian downloads of their Open Source t
 ools\, follow up with Asian stakeholders\n\ndF: Topic: next
 symposium.\n\nL: what about doing it once in a two years per
 iod?\n\ndF: Yes\, we have previously discussed the idea.. It
  may be an overload of information for the community.. But a
 t the same time\, many things are happening and we need to c
 ollect all that information from the community\, that is why
  I think we should do it annually\, besides SC charter manda
 tes us to organize an annual Symposium\, this could be chang
 ed on next extension.\n\nDo it in Asia can be quite risky\,
 the usual audience might have problems going to Asia. I have
  had some conversation with Asian companies and academics. T
 here is some traction\, the W3C has a good presence in East
 Asia\, Felix could help mobilize standards aware folks in Ea
 st Asia.\n\nB: we can also talk to the tool makers in the TC
 . It is an unknown territory.\n\nDf: when I proposed in Dubl
 in 2014\, to go to Shanghai in 2015\, almost all people said
  that it was too expensive to go there. My feeling is that D
 ublin is a good strong location. I would not discard the Asi
 a idea\, but I&rsquo\;d ask the SC members to try to make co
 ntacts there and start studying that possibility. We cannot
 keep postponing the Asian Symposium indefinitely.. We cannot
  afford to stay an North Atlantic pact. I&rsquo\;ve had some
  contacts in Africa pointed the Ethiopian L10n infra program
  towards XLIFF and ITS&hellip\;\n\nDf: any experience creati
 ng a committee in OASIS?\n\nB: the closest thing was the cre
 ation of OAXAL.\n\nDf: It is a lot of paperwork. There are s
 ome redtape issues.  I will probably share a draft of the ch
 arter based on my communication with Chet. Do you feel we ca
 n have this discussion at TC/SC?\n\nB: Absolutely\, it is ou
 r liaison.\n\n \n\n \n\n \n\nAgenda: Next Symposium Location
 ?\n\nNext SotA report / Questionnaire design\nGroup: XLIFF P
 romotion and Liaison SC\nCreator: Dr. David Filip
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=40981
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=40981
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY