xliff-schemas message

Subject: [xliff-schemas] Resent from Eric...

Hi All,
Eric asked me to send this mail to you while his new email is set-up with xliff lists.  Enda

Folks,

Apologies for taking so long to get this one out. Last week we briefly braintormed a number of possibilities for a fixed list of values in the "unit" attribute of the "count" element. The function of the unit attribute is to say what is being counted in a specific instance of "count."

byte
character
word
page
trans-unit
bin-unit
sentence
line
paragraph

the specification includes a value called "item" which is supposed to be trans-unit + bin-unit. I am unhappy with that name as it's not at all clear that item = trans-unit + bin-unit. Does anyone know whether this combination unit is, in fact, needed?

Eric