xliff-users message

Subject: XLIFF Object Model and API

Hi all,

Thanks for those of you who could provide feedback on the XLIFF Object Model and API during the Vancouver FEISGILTT session. I'll
try to summarize the state of things at this point, as far as I understand:

-- David will look at whether or not the charter of the XLIFF TC allows it to work on an Object Model, if yes, we would work from
there. If not we would find another option.

-- Felix has contacted people at the W3C to see what the status of WebIDL is, and whether we can use it for the description of the
object model and API.

-- Dave, in a few weeks, will see with David if some CNGL effort can be put into further proof of concepts.

-- Working on a JSON representation for XLIFF data would be useful (e.g. for the TAUS Translation API), may be relatively simple and
can likely be done separately of the object model itself.

-- I've made public the experimental implementation I used during the session (the Acorn project). It's here:
https://code.google.com/p/okapi-acorn/.
The 'xom' directory contains the package for the interfaces (org.oasisopen.xliff.om.v1). The 'lib' directory contains the package
for the implementation (net.sf.okapi.acorn.xom).
As before the latest documentation for the interface is at: http://opentag.com/data/xliffomapi.

Cheers,
-yves