xliff-users message

Subject: Re: [xliff-users] XLIFF 2.0 examples for writing test cases

Hi Yves,

That's perfect -- thanks a lot for the help!

Cheers,
Chris

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com> wrote:
Hi again Chris,

> Does anyone know where I can get some examples
> (preferably real files actually used in a translation project)?

You can create "real" XLIFF2 files using Okapi Rainbow.
Follow the steps listed here:
http://www.opentag.com/okapi/wiki/index.php?title=Rainbow_TKit_-_XLIFF_2.0

You should be able to create XLIFF2 files from a wide variety of documents: HTML, DOCX, PO, ODT, etc.

Make sure you use the latest version (currently M26):
https://bintray.com/okapi/Distribution/Okapi_Applications/view

The tool uses this library:
https://code.google.com/p/okapi-xliff-toolkit/

If you are using Java, it may save you some time.
There is a Getting started guide here:
https://code.google.com/p/okapi-xliff-toolkit/wiki/Getting_Started

You have also an on-line validator here:
http://okapi-lynx.appspot.com/validation

I hope this helps,
-yves