xliff-users message

Subject: Re: [okapi-devel] Global <gls:glossary> element in XLIFF 2.0?

OK, thanks a lot, Yves. I will have a look to see, if this was discussed at any stage what the arguments were.

Cheers,

Martin

Am Montag, 19. Oktober 2015 16:42:41 UTC+2 schrieb Yves:

I think it used to be allowed at the file level very early on. I wasn’t involved much in the glossary definition, so I’m don’t know the why it was removed from there. A possible cause I can think of is the streaming aspects (reading/writing references separated from their data may be hard to do in a single pass); another is the idea of making the <unit> quite self-contained. But others may know the real reasons.

In any case, that is the type of feedback the TC needs to hear.

FYI, most of the discussion regarding the glossary module can be found here:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=glossary+at+file+level&q=list%3Aorg.oasis-open.lists.xliff#query:glossary%20at%20file%20level%20list%3Aorg.oasis-open.lists.xliff+page:1+mid:an34a6nikslsmkdn+state:results

Cheers,

-yves