Subject: [xliff] comments on dtd

Hi All

First, I would like to thank the authors of the dtd for their work, which I feel is solid and well thought out.

I do feel that there are some issues, which I have listed below for the TC's consideration.

I'd like to apoligise for the tardiness of this email, I had a small mishap returning from a short break in Barcelona, and was unavoidably delayed in getting this email out to the group.

1.	document validators - we should have support for W3C Schema, Schematron and RELAX NG, as well as DTD.

2.	Does not have entities for EXTRACT and MERGE

3.	Does not have entities for character map used in saved file (from translation.

4.	Target lang should be target+ in 'ELEMENT trans-unit', unless that's not intended for the whole job.  [Inquiry: what is 'ELEMENT trans-unit' intended to handle?]

5.	Does not have QC/Proofer captured.

6.	Will need to support non-UTF-8 imported entities ( eg. SAE Gen, Fordsym, TEI)

7.	Should support SIO, and have more atts needed for inline elements.

Bye for now,
David L.