Subject: Re: [xliff] RE: more comments on the DTD

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Yves Savourel wrote:

> It is strongly recommended to use
> xml:lang for <source> and <target> as well, so any XML tools (not just XLIFF
> tools) can be language-aware.

Why not make this required?  Are there any applications that would be
harmed by always having an xml:lang attribute specified on source/target
elements?  I argue that the converse is true and so would like to see
xml:lang be a required attribute.

infrastructure question:  could someone please arrange for the listserv
to generate a Reply-To: header containing the address of the list?  This
will enable us to hit "reply" instead of "reply all."  Since we're all
on the list, this will avoid the transmission of duplicate postings.

Eric