Subject: [xliff] Minutes of the XLIFF TC March 19th. 2002

Minutes of the XLIFF TC March 19th. 2002

1/ Roll call
Present: Jonathan Clark, Milan Karasek, Caroline Koff, David Leland, Christian Lieske, John Reid, Peter Reynolds, Yves Savourel, Reinhard Schaler

Apologies: John Corrigan, Tony Jewtushenko, Mark Levins,

2/ LISA conference report - Yves
Yves talked to Microsoft and they are interested in joining the XLIFF group. Tony will talk with some-one from the Loc Studio group about this.
Karl Best and Patrick Cannon attended the LISA conference and they discussed how LISA and OASIS could work together. Yves gave an overview on what is happening with XLIFF.
There were discussions at the meeting on TMX, TBX and OLIF and there is a new working group looking at segmentation.

3/ 1.1. spec
Jonathan checked that the group was clear that the 1.0 spec had been released and what we were doing at the moment was looking for proposals for the 1.1 spec. Anyone within the TC can contribute to this and May 1st. is the deadline for receiving proposals. It was also suggested that we provide examples which illustrate a particular proposal.
John Reid raised the issue of voting by mail and said he will raise this with Tony.

4/ Face to Face meeting
May 9th & 10th were suggested as the dates for the face to face meeting. Jonathan will email the group with this proposal and we will vote on it by email. Replies should be sent to Jonathan by Friday.

6/ Next meeting
April 2nd. was confirmed as the date for our next meeting.

Peter Reynolds, Software Development Manager, Berlitz GlobalNET
3, West Pier Business Campus, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353-1-202-1280
Fax: +353-1- 202-1299
Web Site: http//www.berlitzglobalnet.com
"Don't just translate it, BerlitzIT" http//www.berlitzIT.com