Subject: Re: [xliff] charclass and XLIFF namespace identifier

Hi All,

-1- charclass Attribute

Yves, Isn't CSS2 a style sheet specification? Does it allow me to
restrict the translation to Katakana or 7-bit ASCII or Uppercase without
forcing me to give other details? If I remember correctly, the reason we
didn't use CSS2 here was we felt it was like using a sledgehammer where
a tack hammer was needed. However, if it gives us what we want, i.e.
restrict the translation to some character class, without imposing a lot
of syntax, it could be acceptable. Does anyone know of something
comparable but simpler?

-2- XLIFF Namespace

I didn't know if this was verified with Karl Best, Director of
Technical Operations at OASIS, or not. According the RFC referenced, he
maintains the namespace identifiers. So I contacted him. Our thread is
included below. In summary, the namespace Yves proposes works. However,
if this NSS is pointing at the spec, should we put in the type
"document"; e.g. "urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.0"?  This is based
on the the RFC3121, ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3121.txt.

cheers,
john

>>> "Karl F. Best" <karl.best@oasis-open.org> 4/17/02 11:38:33 AM >>>
John:

1. Given lack of resources and mechanisms for assigning and tracking
URNs, I have made it a practice to assign to each TC a branch of the
namespace tree and allow the TC to manage that themselves.

2. Yes, the XLIFF TC owns urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:*

3. The specification branch should be resrved for approved OASIS
specs;
so until a spec is approved at the OASIS level it should exist only at
the TC level in the URN tree.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations