Subject: [xliff] FW: XLIFF data categories

Title: Message
Bringing every one in the loop. Sue Ellen Wright is the editor of ISO 12620 data category document which specifies terminology data categories and attributes.
Regard,
-Gérard

Gérard Cattin des Bois
Lead Program Manager, LocStudio Services
Windows Productivity Tools Team
gcatt@microsoft.com  (425) 706-1592
Symptom and sign of Inner Peace: An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment...

-----Original Message-----
From: sewright [mailto:sewright@neo.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 6:14 AM
To: Gerard Cattin des Bois; Alan K. Melby; Yves Savourel; Doug Mann; Daniel Roundy; Jake Knoppers
Subject: Re: XLIFF data categories

Hi, Gerard,
I'm splattering this question out to some people who might be able to respond. The only formal ISO standard environment that I really know of that could be relevant here is ISO 11179, which deals with metadata registries and the definition of data elements (categories), but it isn't specific to xml per se. I don't know whether anyone has worked with "project localizable data" per se. I would also be looking at IETF & W3C for possible guidance as well because ISO isn't the only game in town by any manner or means.
Sorry I can't offer a definitive answer, but I suspect this is a little like our ongoing locales discussion: that it involves a lot of questions that haven't really been addressed adequately elsewhere as yet.
Bye for now
SUe Ellen