OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [xliff] Minutes of the XLIFF Technical Committee - May 28th. 2002

Minutes of the XLIFF Technical Committee - May 28th. 2002 
1/ Roll Call 
Present:  Tony Jewtushenko, John Corrigan, Mark Levins, Christian Lieske,
Matt Lovatt,
Enda McDonnell,David Leland   Peter Reynolds, Yves Saourel, Mirek Driml. 
Apologies: Jonathan Clark, David Ramsey, John Reid, Eric Freidman.

2/ Previous meetings minutes. Tony will sent out a mail on the IPR issue.
Members will reply to him confirming that there are no IPR issues relating
to the 1.0 specification which was brought to Oasis. Mark proposed this was
a correct record and David seconded that.

3/  Review of face to face meeting.
Tony presented an outline of the report back from the face to face meeting.

The following was agreed as action items:

Proposed Charter
The proposed charter would sent to members with comments due back by next
week and we would then have an email vote on it.
Mark asked for an explanation about what was meant by 'aspects of the
Internationalization process'. Yves has sent this explanation to the group.
Tony raised issues with the word vocabulary.

Design Specification
We will ensure that RFC2046 is used for mime types within future
The issue of whether to have DTDs and Schema was raised. It was suggested by
Yves that we will produce a schema and also produce a DTD for informative
purposes. This will be put as a proposal.

Dealing with the document from the face to face meeting.
It was agreed that we would divide the document form the face to face
meeting into sections and members of the group would go through a section
dividing the suggestions into Agreed, for Discussion or Contentious. The
sections will be dealt with by following members of the committee:
Charter - Enda
Design Specification - Peter
Spec Refinements - Tony
Christian's mail and comments - Christian
Formal Extensibility - Yves
XLIFF namespace embedded in other XML documents - It was agreed to put this
forward as a proposal from the face to face meeting.
Migration - Tony
Compliance - Will be considered later.
All documents with the suggestions classified will be sent to the group by
Tuesday June 4th, except Christian's mail which will be sent by June 10th.

4/ Tony reported back on a meeting that members of the group had with the
W3C Internationalization Working Group http://www.w3.org/International/ .
They would like our input on localisation issues. Christian and Mark
expressed interest in working with this group. It was agreed that Christian
would act as liaison member for the next six months. Mark and Christian will
both monitor the work of this group.

5/ AOB
Trados have expressed interest in finding out more about XLIFF and have
contacted Tony with the name of a technical contact to liaise with.
SDL have expressed an interest in being more involved with the group and
David Pooley has contacted Tony about joining the group.

6/ Next Meeting: Tuesday June 11th.

Peter Reynolds, Software Development Manager, Berlitz GlobalNET
3, West Pier Business Campus, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353-1-202-1280
Fax: +353-1- 202-1299
Web Site: http//www.berlitzglobalnet.com
"Don't just translate it, BerlitzIT" http//www.berlitzIT.com 

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC