Subject: RE: [xliff] Working Draft - possible addtional data categories

Hi Yves,

I am not clear if the following question belongs to the discussion
of the XLIFF WD. However, I thought I could at least send it so that
we can record it for other contexts.

I am currently wondering how I can put the following information into
XLIFF:

1. the domain (for example 'financials') to which the contents of an XLIFF
   instance belong; I would like to represent this information, since it
   can be used to select the proper terminology

2. a distinction between single line and multi-line texts; this may be handy
   since multi-line texts may require special processing

3. a distinction between sentence fragments and complete sentences; I could
   use this for example to trigger grammar checking (I would not do this
   for sentence fragments since I usually see poor results for this type of
   texts)

Best,
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Yves Savourel [mailto:ysavourel@translate.com]
Sent: Freitag, 12. Juli 2002 21:50
To: XLIFF list
Subject: [xliff] Working Draft

Hi everyone,

Here is an updated version of the working draft for 1.1. The zip file
includes the schema for the core and the values.

I didn't include the proposal for <reformat> nor <tool> in it yet.

I'm still looking into how to allow extending attribute values. I suppose
you can define your own list of types and import the pre-defined one, but
that is akward for validation. It would be nice to fine a way to have to
change only imported files, so the reference to the main XSDs would remain
the same regardless whether or not you have your own extension.
I hope some of you have ideas for this, because I can see I'm running out...

Have a great week-end