Subject: [xliff] context-group proposal

Hi All,

XLIFF 1.1 Working Draft, Section 2.3, paragraph 2 talks about the context-group element. In that section it talks about the different purposes for the context information, i.e. TMs, translators, etc. The final sentence refers to using PIs to indicate the different purposes. However, we are no longer specifying the use of PIs and we have never enumerated the purposes of context information. I propose that we add a purpose attribute to the context-group element that would contain the enumerated purposes of context information. The following would need to be added to the respective files.

[Note: I realize it may be too late to discuss this for 1.1 but it would ensure that it isn't just another prop.]

xliff-1-1.xsd
—-------------
 <xsd:complexType name="ElemType_context-group">
  <xsd:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">
   <xsd:element name="context" type="xlf:ElemType_context"/>
  </xsd:sequence>
  <xsd:attribute name="name" type="xsd:string" use="required"/>
  <xsd:attribute name="purpose" type="xsd:string" use="required"/>
  <xsd:attribute name="crc" type="xsd:NMTOKEN" use="optional"/>
 </xsd:complexType>

xliff-values-1-1.xsd
—-----------------------
<xsd:simpleType name="context-purposeValueListStd">
  <xsd:annotation>
    <xsd:documentation>Values for the attribute 'purpose'.</xsd:documentation>
  </xsd:annotation>
  <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
    <xsd:enumeration value="TM">
      <xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:appinfo>
          <xyz:proposal>John Reid</xyz:proposal>
        </xsd:appinfo>
        <xsd:documentation>??? Novell-specific.</xsd:documentation>
      </xsd:annotation>
    </xsd:enumeration>
    <xsd:enumeration value="Translator">
      <xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:appinfo>
          <xyz:proposal>John Reid</xyz:proposal>
        </xsd:appinfo>
        <xsd:documentation>??? Novell-specific.</xsd:documentation>
      </xsd:annotation>
    </xsd:enumeration>
  </xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>