Subject: RE: [xliff] From Mat Lovatt: reformat Summary Of Options.doc

Title: Reformat Summary Of Options
Hi all,

I too think Doug's proposal is the best way forward.

I also think we should discuss the comments from Yves and John on versions. This discussion on reformat was not even mentioned in May of last year when we came up with the final list of what should be in 1.1. If I rember correctly we decided that the deadline for making suggestions for 1.1 was before our face to face meeting in May. We then came from that meeting with a list of issues which had to been finalised. It is now seven months later and many new issues have been added. I think they have contributed to the spec but I agree with Yves comments that maybe we would have done things differently for a 2.0 specification and we could have achieved this in the same time.

Thanks,

Peter.
-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew.Lovatt [mailto:Matthew.Lovatt@oracle.com]
Sent: 28 January 2003 11:37
To: ddomeny@ektron.com; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

I have finally had a chance to read Doug's mail in depth

I fully endorse his new proposal

While it may not be as neat and pretty as option 2, it does five us all the required control while remaining compatible with 1.0

I would be happy to use this new proposal in 1.1, and we can have another look at option 2 in XLIFF 2.0

Mat