OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [xliff] Minutes of the XLIFF TC held on February 18th

The Minutes of the XLIFF TC held on February 18th are below.
1/ Attendence:

Tony Jewtushenko, Oracle Corporation, TC Chair
Yves Savourel, TC Editor
Milan Karásek, Moravia-IT
Christian Lieske, SAP
Reinhard Schaler, LRC
Enda McDonnell
David Pooley, SDL
John Reid, Novell
Shigemichi Yazawa

Mark Levins, IBM/Lotus 

Bryan Schnabel, Tektronix

Gérard Cattin des Bois, Microsoft 
Peter Reynolds, Bowne Global Solutions, TC Secretary



Mat Lovatt, Oracle
Doug Domeny
Mirek Driml, Moravia-IT
2/ Minutes of last meeting read and agree proposed by John, seconded by Yves.
3/ Kavi Software. Tony mentioned this software which is being used by Oasis to manage TC work. 
4/ Open issues
<bin-unit> - John had sent a proposal on the <bin-unit> issue which Enda commented on in a follow up mail.
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200302/msg00030.html (John's mail)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200302/msg00032.html (Enda's mail)
The issue of rid having two different purposes depending on what element it was an attribute of was raised.
It was proposed that a new attribute, 'xid', be added to all inline elements which references the id in the trans-unit and bin-unit. Proposed by John and seconded by David
This was carried by 11 votes for, 1 against and 1 abstention
Feature creep - Tony raised the issue of feature creep and how we are managing this. He suggested that we should make decision on the final few issues and try and resolve them now rather than leaving for a future meeting.
Extension namespace - Shigimichi has been doing some research on this issue. The motion was proposed to change the extension point from 'other' to 'any'. This would allow you to have XLIFF as an extension
proposed by Christian and seconded by Yves
This was carried by 5 votes for, 2 against and 3 abstentions
Consolidated attribute value lists - John led a discussion on this topic,  indicating that Option 1 is pretty much what we have in the present proposal,  Option 2 is the preferred method but John was unable to implement,  and Option 3 is what more or less what Gerard suggested in his proposal.  The TC agreed that Option 2 is the best solution,  and Bryan Schnabel agreed to research and find the appropriate XSD   If this solution is not found, then it was agreed to fall back to Option 1.

Phases of Alt-Trans: (item 20) :  No formal proposal has been put forth.  Members of the TC will have until next Tuesday to submit formal proposals for discussion.  If no formal proposal is adopted by the next meeting,  the item will be automatically deferred from consideration for XLIFF 1.1.

Attribute Values List (item 21):  Tony will update the list with reivsions received from John Reid and for Oracle submitted values.   The revised list will be distributed to the TC by end of the week, discussion by email is encouraged,  and the TC should be prepared to vote on individual attribute values lists (ie,  vote on restype list,  vote on datatype list) next week.

Schedule:  dates for everything will be pushed out by an additional week, e.g.,  Release Candidate 1 spec will be released on the 26th...

No new business was raised.

Meetng was adjourned due to completing the agenda.

Peter Reynolds, Software Development Manager
Bowne Global Solutions
3, West Pier Business Campus, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353-1-202-1280
Fax: +353-1- 202-1299
Web Site: http//www.bowneglobal.com


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC