Subject: [xliff] Practical Application of XLIFF

All:

In trying to write code to handle XLIFF I was wondering why there isn't an ID in the file tag to allow a reference to any file node within an XLIFF document. Given that an XLIFF document can contain one or more file sections, does this make sense?

The reason I ask is that many of the other tags within the body sections sport an unique ID which can be used as the basis of a query.  Is the <file>'s index essentially the 'original' attribute rather than some arbitrary 'id=XX' attribute?

Any thoughts or guidance?

Cheers
Steve.

Stephen Holmes

Voice:  +353-1-605-8087

Novell, Inc., the leading provider of information solutions
http://www.novell.com