Subject: Re: [xliff] size-unit - proposal

Title:
I agree that inline tags should not be included in the length of text.  However,  I think that at least the contents of the <sub> inline element would need to be counted along with any text.  I can't think of any other inline tag that this would apply to.

Regards
Tony

John Reid wrote:
Enda's proposal seems reasonable. One question though: How do in-line tags affect these sizes. In other words, if we have bolded text represented in the source document, thusly,

(33 characters including the p tags), and it is in the xliff as

(46 characters between the source tags), and there is a limit of 32 characters for the string, aren't we already over the limit with the <g> tag? Or is the g tag somehow calculated to be only the size of what it replaces?

My preference would be to say the inline tags are not included in the sizing but they may not be realistic for everyone.

cheers,
john

--
Tony Jewtushenko				mailto:tony.jewtushenko@oracle.com
Sr. Tools Program Manager			direct tel: +353.1.8039080