OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of the XLIFF TC meeting March 25th 2003.

Minutes of the XLIFF TC meeting March 25th 2003.
1/ Attendance
Tony Jewtushenko, Oracle Corporation, TC Chair
Jonathan Clark, TC Vice-Chairman
Peter Reynolds, Bowne Global Solutions, TC Secretary
Yves Savourel, TC Editor
Christian Lieske, SAP
David Pooley, SDL
John Reid, Novell
Mat Lovatt, Oracle
Doug Domeny
Milan Karásek, Moravia-IT
Enda McDonnell
Shigemichi Yazawa
Mark Levins, IBM/Lotus 

2/ The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed. Jonathan proposed and John seconded.

3/ Issue
Final Attribute Values
John has sent the normalised list to the group. http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200303/msg00017.html He introduced this to the meeting and raised the issue of descriptions missing for some of these entries. Tony said that all everyone who has asked for an attribute value to be entered should send a description to him by close of business on Friday (PST). He will send out a mail to the TC on Monday.
Values for size-unit
Enda sent the TC a mail  which was accepted. http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200303/msg00018.html  There was a discussion on whether we should use the word glyph or char-grapheme. It was agreed we will use the word glyph. Mat will send Yves a description of glyph.
There was a discussion raised from about the use char-16, char-32. After some debate it was decided to leave this as it is.
There was further debate on the values that can be used for size-unit. Christian will provide a list to Yves based on the CSS list.
id attribute
Yves proposal on the id attrribute accepted. http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200303/msg00019.html
<g> element
We are going to remove the following line from the <g> element section of the spec, "A <g> element can contain another <g> element. In this case, if the embedded group has an id attribute, it should never be moved outside of its parent group."
All member of the TC need to look at definitions.
4/ Schema
The schema is being re-worked to allow easier use of the lists in the same attribute type e.g. count-type.
There is a problem with XMLSpy valaditating against the schema
Three errors reported by Bryan have been fixed
5/ Meeting adjourned proposed by Mat seconded by Enda. Next meeting April1 1st.

Peter Reynolds, Software Development Manager
Bowne Global Solutions
3, West Pier Business Campus, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353-1-202-1280
Fax: +353-1- 202-1299
Web Site: http//www.bowneglobal.com


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]