Subject: RE: [xliff] Re: a case for "finished" as a valid value for state

Title:
Here's my attempt to define finished.

finished - Indicates that no further work is required.

I view this state as addressing a different dimension than "translated" or "signed off."

From: Tony Jewtushenko [mailto:Tony.Jewtushenko@oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 6:11 AM
Cc: Schnabel, Bryan S; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi All:

I don't have a problem with adding "finished" as a state as long as it is defined differently from "signed-off".

Bryan - would you please contribute a definition for "finished"  and we'll vote on adding it to the values list for state next week?

Regards,
Tony

Gerard Cattin des Bois wrote:
John, when you describe the finished state, are you referring to binary data, such as resources that may not have any text, but nonetheless may require some adaptation or non-text localization? resources that have both text and binary information, but indicating state of binary data rather than text?

Thanks,
-Gérard
Gérard Cattin des Bois
Lead Program Manager, LocStudio Services
Windows Productivity Tools Team
gcatt@microsoft.com  (425) 706-1592
Symptom and sign of Inner Peace: An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment...