Subject: Re: [xliff] FW: <glossary> Question

>>> "Yves Savourel" <ysavourel@translate.com> 6/23/03 7:53:47 AM >>>
>>> How can we specify the type of glossary? The same goes
>>> for <reference>, which is even less specific.

I think we want to allow many different possibilities. Thus, the format should be specified by the referenced file. If not, we would need to devise a file identification scheme for XLIFF to do the identification. I think that is beyond the scope of XLIFF. Is there any ISO registry for this? If not, I expect that the glossary file will be opened by the editor and an identifier will inform the editor what the format of the glossary is. If the editor understands the format, it can use it. Otherwise, the editor displays a message to the affect that it doesn't understand the format. Something like that. As far as Reference material is concerned, there are just too many possibilities for us to try to categorize.

-john