Subject: [Fwd: Groups - oasis - Ballot "Approve XLIFF 1.1 Whitepaper" hasclosed]

Title:
All:

We've approved the whitepaper,  and we're ready to start with the peer review.

The next step is to formally vote on submitting the 1.1 spec for peer review and OASIS standards review process.  We will conduct the ballot at the next XLIFF meeting (Tuesday,  5 August) so it's important that you attend  (our last meeting didn't achieve quorum).  We'll also need to decide which organizations to distribute to outside of OASIS (I recommend W3G i18n,  LISA's OSCAR,  and possibly LRC if they have the capability to review specs - have I missed anyone?),  and also the process for responding to issues that are raised during the review.

By the way,  in terms of timing,  according to Karl Best the OASIS standards review process will not be altered for the next couple of months.  If most people in the TC are on holidays over August,  it may not be wise to start  peer review until late August.  We'll discuss timing on Tuesday.

Regards,
Tony

-------- Original Message --------
Date: 28 Jul 2003 14:01:05 -0000
From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
To: tony.jewtushenko@oracle.com

XML Localisation Interchange File Format TC member,

A ballot presented to XML Localisation Interchange File Format TC has closed.  The text of this closed ballot is as follows:
---
"Approve XLIFF 1.1 Whitepaper"
Approve final version of the XLIFF 1.1 whitepaper.

- Yes
- No

Referenced Items
Date            Name                             Type
22 Jul 2003     XLIFF-1_1-white-paper_v0100...   Reference Document

---

Detailed voting results for all closed ballots are available on the xliff eVote Archive at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/ballot_archive.php

Thank you,
OASIS Open Administration

--
Tony Jewtushenko					mailto:tony.jewtushenko@oracle.com
Principal Product Manager				direct tel: +353.1.8039080