[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [xliff] Groups - Standing XLIFF Teleconference(Bi-Weekly) modified
I think I raised the issue of the split examples, too... That's the problem with the page format.
The break in August probably goes well with a few others. As you point out, we can monitor the comments without a meeting, so that is not a problem. I will gladly act as one of the monitors during this timeframe, if that's acceptable.
>>> Tony Jewtushenko <email@example.com> 8/5/03 8:56:51 AM >>>
Thanks for your comments and votes. Regarding voting in absentia - there's no provision for proxy voting or voting in absentia, so I'm afraid that's not possible. However, if we don't make quorum today, I'll have no option but to post another online ballot for the vote to submit, so you may get a chance after all.
Regarding other issues: the Word version was also lacking page numbers, so I added them. I also removed the whitespace in section 4 (the whitespace was put there so that the code samples wouldn't break across lines, but its better with less whitespace, I think - any objections?). I've just generated a new word and PDF file with these changes.
Word - http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/3111/xliff-core-whitepaper-1.1-cs.zip
PDF - http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/3107/XLIFF-core-whitepaper_1.1-cs.pdf
With respect to the matter of timing and Aug. break - we don't necessarily need to convene meetings to deal with issues that arise during the review period. If we have assigned comments monitors for the period of August, then we can meet the first week of Sept. to deal with any unresolved matters, and we'd still have an additional 2-3 weeks to reply to any issues before the review period ends. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I'm not expecting there to be that many comments submitted. By the way, I'm planning to go on vacation for most of August, and I understand that a few others on the TC will also be out for most of the month, so even achieving quorum may not be feasible. An alternative is that we postpone until early Sept.the submission for peer review, but I think it's probably best to go ahead with it. Any other comments from the TC?
John Reid wrote:
-- Tony Jewtushenko mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Principal Product Manager direct tel: +353.1.8039080 ST Tools Technology Team Oracle Corporation, Ireland