Subject: RE: [xliff] XLIFF 1.1 Update

Looks better than my wording. I'll update it.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Reid [mailto:JREID@novell.com]
Sent: Fri, October 17, 2003 12:53 PM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Yves,

Thanks for taking care of this.

Under <note> it says, "The optional annotates attribute indicates if
the note pertains specifically to the <source> or the <target> element."

Since <note> is valid in elements other than <trans-unit>, those values
are not always valid. Maybe we should say something more like, "The
optional annotates attribute indicates if the note is a general note or
in the case of a <trans-unit> pertains specifically to the <source> or
the <target> element."

Wording to that effect should also be used in the definition of the
annotates attribute.

What do you think?

-john

>>> "Yves Savourel" <ysavourel@translate.com> 10/17/03 9:40:46 AM >>>
Hi everyone,

Attached the updates specification and XSD with the following
modifications:

- addition of the attribute annotates with three values: source, target
and
general, general being the default value. The attribute annotates is
an
optional attribute of <note>.

- change all id attribute type to xsd:string. I've changed the wording
in
the specification as well and added there a small note to warn about
spaces.

Those files are not posted in the official document area yet. Please,
have a
look and make sure I got everything right.

Thanks

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/leave_workgroup.p
hp.