Subject: [Fwd: [chairs] Board revision of TC attendance rule]

A slight but significant change to the TC attendance policy...  please read below.

Regards,
Tony

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [chairs] Board revision of TC attendance rule
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:46:31 -0500
From: Karl F. Best <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
To: Chairs OASIS <chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>

Chairs:

The Board will be considering suggested revisions to the TC Process over
the next few months. I have accumulated a number of suggestions, and the
TAB is also working on some ideas. I would be happy to hear additional
suggestions.

The Board is aware that last September's revision to the attendance rule
(counting attendance only at the beginning of the meeting) has caused
trouble for members in many TCs. In order to deal with this problem
quickly the Board has passed a resolution to change this rule, effective
immediately.

add to section 2f, line 196 of the current TC Process:

"...failure to be present during the roll call at the beginning of the
meeting [, or added to the roll call by request of the attendee during
the meeting,] of two..."

This change will be added to the TC Process document in the next revision.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org

--
Tony Jewtushenko		mailto:tony.jewtushenko@oracle.com
Principal Product Manager	direct tel: +353.1.8039080