Subject: user define character entities

Title: Message
Hello,

In the meeting today there was a bit of confusion about the concept of user defined character entities (in the context of Shigemichi's comments on character entities and the HTML profile).  The question was how to process them from a source document (xhtml) into an XLIFF document.  I explained that it could be preserved in a doctype subset of the XLIFF document.  I feel I didn't explain it very well.  I mentioned that I would work up a sample.  So here's an example that demonstrates this approach (I modified a sample Yves sent out about a year ago.  I added a doctype subset that consists of a custom-made character entity).

I just bring it up to clarify the concept.  Yves and I are working on how (or whether to) incorporate this concept in the HTML profile.

Sample_Small.xlf