Subject: Groups - XLIFF TC Monthly Teleconference modified

XLIFF TC Monthly Teleconference has been modified by Peter Reynolds (peter.reynolds@bowneglobal.ie).

Date:  Tuesday, 20 April 2004
Time:  04:00pm - 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time

Event Description:
Tuesday, 20 April 04:00PM London/Dublin / 08:00 AM PST
International Dial-In: +44 118 376 9023
Meeting ID: 30543

Agenda:
Agenda:
1. Roll Call
2. Accept, Amend or Reject Previous Meeting Minutes:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00013.html
3. Work in Progress:
	a. Represetation Guides:
	  i. HTML / RTF:
		-Profile: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00018.html
		-Language switching: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00014.html
		-"ElemType_header" complex type: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00010.html
  	  ii. WinRes (John, Yves) - ???
	  iii. Resx (Enda, Gerard) - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00007.html
	  iv. Java Property Resource Bundles (Tony)- ???
	  v. Java Properties (John)  -http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00008.html
	  vi. XForms ( Andrzej ) - ???
4. Bugs,  Submissions for new features, problem reports,  etc.
	a. 'choice' in the "ElemType_header"http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200402/msg00024.html (John)
	Bryan - proposal to resolve at our next meeting: 		http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00009.html
	b. Andrzej:  Adding inline term info to XLIFF
		http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200404/msg00001.html
	c.Andrzej:  Translations Grouped Across rans Units.
		http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200404/msg00000.html
	d.Mat:  Translation of Voice XML Issues
		http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00016.html
5. Status Report from Segmentation SC (Magnus)
6. XLIFF Generic XML parser  - Follow up (Bryan)
7. OASIS Registry of XLIFF Implementations
	OASIS has created a registry of standards & spec implementations.
	Anyone can post their info: http://registry.oasis-open.org/index.jsp
8. Industry Events:
	a. report from UNICODE
	b. Upcoming events with XLIFF on agenda
		1.LISA Summit San Francisco, CA, USA - June 21 - 23, 2004
		2.Localization World:  June 30 and July 1,  Bonn Germany
		3.Localization Summer School: 1-4 June 2004, Limerick Ireland
9. All Other Business.
10. Next XLIFF teleconference scheduled for Tuesday, 18 May, 2004 at 4pm GMT / 11am EST / 8am PST.

Minutes:
1/ Roll Call
There were 14 present as recorded in kavi.
Apologies: Andrzej

2/ The minutes of the last meeting was agreed as a correct record. Proposed John and seconded Magnus.

3/ Work in Progress:
Representation Guides:
i. HTML / RTF:
-"ElemType_header"
Bryan explained his addition to John’s proposal for this bug fix. This has the occurrence attributes at the parent element and removed from the child element. See http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00010.html for more information. It was agreed that this is a bug fix and should be done. Tony is to look at our revision policy and post this as specified by that policy.
-Language switching: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00014.html
Yves brought up an issue relating to language switching. His recommendation of using a span element was agreed.
-Profile: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00018.html
x-html- (From Yves)
The issue is that there are very few HTML elements that have a corresponding pre-define restype value. Because when you map all the elements you have to know that information, we have to define a mechanism for the elements without corresponding restype values.
The mechanism is to use x-html- where  is the lowercase name of the element.
The question was: Should we use that mechanism for ALL elements (therefore being consistent within the HTML extraction and easier for programming), or should we use it only when a pre-define value does not exist (better for interoperability). In other words, when we have  should we use restype='table' or restype='x-html-table'?
The general consensus was that interoperability was better, so we should try to use pre-defined values first. John noted that we even have explicit reference to HTML in the list of pre-defined values.
The result was the decision of building a list of all HTML elements and assigning each a restype value so the developer knows exactly what to do.
Bryan pointed out that we had already a start list in the current draft. I took the action item to work on it and post an update.
The issue of using x-html- for HTML tags was raised and will be discussed later. We also discussed whether all HTML tags should be used in XLIFF

ii. WinRes (John, Yves) – nothing to report
iii. Resx (Enda, Gerard) – At our next meeting we will discuss the email from Gerard on Representing .NET Winforms in Xliff http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00007.html
iv. Java Property Resource Bundles (Tony)-
v. Java Properties (John) –Tony and John to work on the Java issues.
vi. XForms ( Andrzej ) – Andrzej has apologised as he was at a conference so this issue will be discussed at a future meeting

4/ Bugs
As Mat and Andrzej were not present this was deferred to our next meeting.

5/ Status Report from Segmentation SC (Magnus)
Magnus reported back from this sub committee. It is continuing its work and has met a number of times since the last meeting. Magnus mentioned an interesting email conversation between Andrzej and Magnus which can be found at http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-seg/200404/msg00009.html
Next Segmentation meeting: April 27th.

6/ XLIFF Generic XML parser - Follow up (Bryan)
Bryan briefly mentioned the XLIFF parser he had worked on. Tony mentioned that this was well worth looking at and could be used as a demo.

7/ OASIS Registry of XLIFF Implementations
OASIS has created a registry of standards & spec implementations.
Anyone can post their info: http://registry.oasis-open.org/index.jsp . Tony encouraged TC members to submit XLIFF tools to this registry.

8/ Industry Events:
a. report from UNICODE
Tony, Peter, Yves and Shigemichi attended this conference. There were a number of speakers who mentioned XLIFF in a very positive light.
b. Upcoming events with XLIFF on agenda
1.LISA Summit San Francisco, CA, USA - June 21 - 23, 2004
2.Localization World: June 30 and July 1, Bonn Germany
3.Localization Summer School: 1-4 June 2004, Limerick Ireland
A number of people from the TC are attending these conferences. Anyone interested in running a workshop at the Localization World workshop should contact Tony or Peter asap.

9/ Any Other Business - none

10/ Next XLIFF teleconference scheduled for Tuesday, 18 May, 2004 at 4pm GMT / 11am EST / 8am PST.
This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Tuesday, 18 May 2004, 04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time
Tuesday, 15 June 2004, 04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time
Tuesday, 20 July 2004, 04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time
Tuesday, 17 August 2004, 04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time
Tuesday, 21 September 2004, 04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time
Tuesday, 19 October 2004, 04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time
Tuesday, 16 November 2004, 04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=4767

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.