OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [xliff] Groups - XLIFF TC Monthly Teleconference modified

Hi All,

The meeting details were wrong. These are the correct ones.

1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers: From the AMER region
dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 From the APAC region dial: *
+61 2 8817 6100 From the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000 2. Enter
the Meeting ID (126680) followed by the # key 3. Press 1 to confirm the
Meeting ID 4. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be:
a. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key b. Placed in the
waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting. If
the organizer has started the meeting you will be: a. Asked to enter the
Meeting Password (030543) b. Asked to speak your name followed by the #

-----Original Message-----
From: tony.jewtushenko@oracle.com [mailto:tony.jewtushenko@oracle.com] 
Sent: 16 August 2004 20:19
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff] Groups - XLIFF TC Monthly Teleconference modified

XLIFF TC Monthly Teleconference has been modified by Tony Jewtushenko

Date:  Tuesday, 17 August 2004
Time:  04:00pm - 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time

Event Description:
Tuesday, 20 April 04:00PM London/Dublin / 08:00 AM PST International
Dial-In: +44 118 376 9023 Meeting ID: 30543

1/roll call
2/approve minutes of last
3/ Work in Progress:

a.Discussion on Adding extension points at Source & Target:
Non-binding ballot result:  
	5 votes for 'Add unconstrained namespace extension points'
	5 votes for 'Add constrained namespace extensions points'
Since the vote Bryan has sent out a mail suggesting 5 approaches for
dealing with this. 
There has been some email discussion on this.
Gerard outlined his and John's response and their concerns over
Christian suggested that we were concerned with everything that was in
the XLIFF namespace but not with other namespaces. There was a debate
about whether or not other namespaces should be ignored or not.
Christian suggested that there should be a flag to say you are using a
namespace at an extension point. 
David raised the possibility of having some to flag what sort of
behaviour is permitted for a particular namespace. There was a short
discussion on this and whether this could be achieved using the
translation directives suggestions from Richard Ishida of the W3C.
Bryan further reduced the approach to the marking content in extended
Source/Target to two options: 1/DEGREES OF CONSTRAINT FOR EXTENDED
(YES or NO) FOR EXTENDED ELEMENTS in Source and Target.  Full discussion
is presented here:
Yves' Use Cases:
Mat suggested adding a new element (extend) to store state and other
Source/Target level attributes.
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200407/msg00018.html There was
some discussion on the merits and problems with this approach.
Christian suggested that non-translatable text nodes in Source/Target
extensions should be referenced using serialization,  and not stored
inline with translatable content.
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200407/msg00026.html There was
additional discussion on this proposal.

b. Representation Guides:
 i. HTML / RTF:
Latest update:
      Major issue to be resolved is whether or not we can extend at
Source and Target.  Need to review agree on approach for  extending
Source and Target.  Review any additional progress made by Yves.

   ii.  WinRes (John, Yves) 
   iii. Resx (Enda, Gerard)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00007.html  - will
discuss Florian's issues document:

   iv. Java Resource Bundles (Tony & John)
   v.  XForms ( Andrzej )

c. Unresolved issues:
   a.Mat: Translation of Voice XML Issues
         Latest Update:
         This issue also relates to adding extension points to Source
and Target,  and could be more easily dealt with if extensions were
permitted.   May also be dealt with using processing instructions.  No
resolution at this time.  Will approach W3C i18n WG for their take on
     b.Mat: Accepting Suggested Translations In XLIFF
         Latest Update:
Mat raised the issue of how to identify which provided Alt-Trans,  if
any,  has been used by a translator. The TC suggested that this could be
dealt with by using extensions,  or phase-name.  Mat to author some
proposals and bring back to the TC for further input.

4/ Status Report from Segmentation SC (Magnus)

5/ Related work in other standards groups: 
Gerard announced they have established Special interest groups to look
at TBX link and localisation directive.  Any interested in these should
contact Gerard. Gerard will liaise with the TC on this.
Tony asked whether it was decide if we could use SRX - Gerard will check
this out.

6/ Proposed change to OASIS IPR Policy
The draft IPR Policy is at
and the FAQ is at

7/ All other business


This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Tuesday, 20 April 2004, 04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time Tuesday,
18 May 2004, 04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time Tuesday, 15 June
2004, 04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time Tuesday, 20 July 2004,
04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time Tuesday, 21 September 2004,
04:00pm to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time Tuesday, 19 October 2004, 04:00pm
to 05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time Tuesday, 16 November 2004, 04:00pm to
05:00pm Greenwich Mean Time

View event details:

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able
to copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your
web browser.

To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
the OASIS TC), go to

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]