Subject: RE: [xliff] Microsoft resigning from both OASIS XLIFF and WS-Trans TCs

Hi Gerard,

I am sorry to hear this. I really appreciated working with you. It was also good to meet you and your wife in Dublin a few years ago.

In James' mail he pointed out that the new IP policy has not been finalised or approved. I think it would be useful if you make Microsoft's and your view known to the board before they do this.

Good luck in teh future,

Peter.

From: Gerard Cattin des Bois [mailto:gcatt@windows.microsoft.com]
Sent: 20 November 2004 02:17
To: trans-ws@lists.oasis-open.org; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear friends,

Microsoft Corporation decided to review its committee involvement in light of the new OASIS IP. I was asked to remain low key while the review took place, and now that it is done, Microsoft chose to terminate participations in both. As a result, I reluctantly submit my resignation from both TCs.

I wish to all of you the best of luck in growing these specs!

<Gérard/>