Subject: Java profile feedback

Dear all,

Section 2.7 in the Java profile recommends to MessageFormat replaceables
with <ph> like this:

property file:
template = At {2,time,short} on {2,date,long}, we detected \
{1,number,integer} spaceships on the planet {0}.

XLIFF:
<trans-unit id="1" restype="string" resname="template" >
we detected <ph id="3">{1,number,integer}</ph> spaceships on the planet <ph
id="4">{0}</ph>.</source>
</trans-unit>

Currently this mechanism is defined only for Java but could also apply to
.NET resources and to WinRes resources.

I don't feel that we have enough time to implement this mechanism in the
other profile. The question is now if we kee it as it is for Java, of if we
drop this mechanism for consistency accross the profile. I realize that Java
replacebles can be very complicated so that this feature can be helpful.

Any opinions?

Best regards from Bonn,
Florian