Subject: RE: [xliff] XLIFF 1.2 Draft

Title: Message
Hi Tony,

You've done an excellent job updating the schema.  Thank you very much for all you've done.

I tested and validated the schema, and I tested and validated the two samples.  Things look very sound from an XML point of view.

I noticed you changed the "Sample_AlmostEverything_1.2.xlf" file to refer to a schema location that is hard-coded to an absolute path:

xsi:schemaLocation="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2
file:///c:/xliff/xliff-core-1.2-draft/xliff-core-schema-1.2.xsd"
^^^^

I think the sample would be better if it referenced a relative path, at the same level as the file, like this:

xsi:schemaLocation="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2
xliff-core-schema-1.2.xsd"

This made it easier to validate for me.  I also validated several of my voluminous XLIFF files.  They worked just fine.

As far as the schema updates, they all look fine to me.  The changes I could spot had to do with adding "seg" and "seg-source" elements, adding the  "merged-trans" attribute, and adding 1.2 to the AttrType_Version type definition.  It all looks correct to me.

I hope in the next few days I can introduce the new elements and attribute into my samples for further validation.

Thanks for all you've done,