Subject: TC Co-Chair

Over the 18 months, with the departure of Yves and Jonathan, our TC officers’ roster has shrunk from four to two.  Although the slack was picked up by the hard work of the TC membership at large and the remaining officers, the delivery of the 1.2 specifications and standard review process remain off-track and behind schedule.  The TC must gain ground in order to quickly release XLIFF 1.2, but the free time I am able to contribute to managing the TC is growing ever more restricted due to business obligations.

After many months of failed attempts to fill these TC officer slots through gentle requests, cajoling, threatening, blackmailing, arm-twisting, etc., I am delighted to report success: Bryan Schnabel has agreed to my invitation that he help lead the XLIFF TC in the role of TC Co-Chair.

Bryan has been a member of the TC for over 3 years and has presented XLIFF related papers at industry events and conferences, and published XLIFF articles in IT journals.  Bryan has an excellent grasp of both the business and technical XLIFF issues and is capable of communicating effectively with both technical and management stakeholders. I have every confidence that Bryan - in the role of TC Co-Chair - will substantially advance our TC’s work and add value to our deliverables.

An agenda item shall be added to tomorrow’s TC teleconference to discuss this proposed change to the XLIFF TC’s management structure.  We’ll decide at the meeting if and how to proceed with formalising Bryan’s Co-Chair role.

Regards,

Tony

Tony Jewtushenko

Director- R&D - Product Innovator Ltd. (Ireland)

P: +353.1.8875183; M: +353.87.2479057; W: www.productinnovator.com