[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Groups - Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference modified
Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference has been modified by Mr. Tony Jewtushenko* Date: Tuesday, 18 April 2006 Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm ET Event Description: Standing monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference. 1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers: From the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 From the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100 From the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000 2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key 3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be: a. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key b. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting. If the organizer has started the meeting you will be: a. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (030543) b. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key Agenda: 1/roll call 2/Previous meeting minutes: 3/ Work in Progress: A. XLIFF 1.2 Specification a. Ballot Passed Approving Committee Draft NO DISCUSSION OR ACTION REQUIRED. b. Latest XLIFF 1.2 Committee Draft Specification: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16367/draft-xliff-core-1.2-20060123.zip c. Doug's XSD update 1: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200602/msg00010.html Issue: does the committee support adding Strict & Transional XSD's? For both 1.1 and 1.2? Issue: Tool-id attribute corrections, and additional constraints - OK to fix in both 1.1 and 1.2? In past discussion, TC was not opposed to Strict & Transitional XSD paradigm but want guidance from OASIS. Bug fixing the XSD will need to update both 1.1 and 1.2. DECISION: Tony to look into how other TCs address this issue. FEEDBACK: There does not appear to be any other OASIS TC with Strict & Transitional XSD's. However, the TC Administrator indicated that the practice is acceptable with respect to OASIS rules. "strict" vs. "transitional" XSD's will be marked as such via name suffix. d. Doug's (and Rudolfo) XSD and Spec update: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00000.html Issue: explicitly state that the id attribute must be unique? Issue: add constraints for the xid attribute? Issue: Does the ID need to be unique? Are there any instances where it would not be? Seems unlikely but we need to avoid breaking backwards compatibility. DISCUSSION: ID should be unique within same file node. ID is often used to refer back to objects in the skeleton. Spec implies uniqueness, but is not in fact explicit in spec or XSD. DECISION: ID will be made unique within same file node. This will require a change to the XSD and the Spec. Tony to revise the spec, and Doug to modify the XSD. e. Doug's proposal to deprecate restype attribute for bin-target: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00022.html DECISION: Leave as is for 1.2 as it is too risky to make this change now. e. Andzrej: XLIFF inline elements with spacial characteristics: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00001.html Response from Florian: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00005.html Response from Andzrej: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00006.html Issue: Do we open up the spec to address the rawreplace=' ' mechanism suggested by Florian? At past TC meeting, Andzrej explained the issue. Magnus also concurred that this is a very useful feature, but probably should rename to something more simple and clear. Tony prepared a ballot with all naming suggestions, and the ballot results are here-> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/ballot.php?id=975 DECISION: Ballot selected equiv-text as the attribute name. Andzrej will author spec modifications. (CLOSED) ISSUE: Related issue was raised by Florian regarding support for tools tips for providing guidelines to localisation tools users. It was suggested that the note element provides this capability, and mrk provides the ability to mark up inline by using the comment attribute, or even using custom attributes. B. Representation Guides: a. (REOPENNED) HTML ISSUE: Spec needs to be reopened to deal with inline tags issue. Also need to add section on best practices for exchanging data between XLIFF and TMX, DITA, etc. Need to address the challenges of exchanging content in the g inline tag . TMX does not at this time support the g or x tags, which means any content in XLIFF with these tags will not exchange with TMX. It was suggested that TMX should be updated to support these tags, but since XLIFF TC is not the owner of the specs, it was suggested that Andrzej suggest these enhancements to the OSCAR committee at LISA. Andzrej indicated that TMX is due for a revision soon and this may be a good time to suggest enhancements. ACTION: Andzrej to submit g and x tags to OSCAR as enhancements to TMX. ACTION: HTML representation guide will need to be reopened with recommendations for inline tags g and x may mean restricting use to b/e pt. ACTION: Adding Use Cases (with example code) for how to exchange TM with TMX is advised, and how to exchange metrics with GMX. Feedback from LISA OSCAR? b. NET & Windows Resources NOTE: NO PROGRESS SINCE MEETING IN NOVEMBER Initial draft of .NET Profile: Latest draft of Windows Res Data Resources (revised 21 Sep 2005): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200509/msg00011.html ISSUE: TC considering dropping this representation guide from list of deliverables for 1.2. c. Java Resource Bundles NOTE: NO PROGRESS SINCE MEETING IN NOVEMBER NO ACTION OR DECISION REQUIRED. ISSUE: TC considering dropping this representation guide from list of deliverables for 1.2. d. PO Files: Updated PO files representation document to 1.2 specification -> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00007.html Issue: This document needs to be approved as 1.2 committee draft. Will discuss if a ballot should take place in the meeting or online... Rudolfo suggested that the document is missing a revision - needs to be revised with recommended approach for handling escape sequences... ACTION ITEM: Rudolfo sent a revision to Tony via email and Tony will update the document and share with TC. D. Open issues: a. Translation of Voice XML Issues NEW UPDATE (5 Mar 2006) from Mat: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00003.html Archived Historical detail: ~ Open until resolution of namespace issue. - Action Item: Mat will submit a proposal on how to handle Voice XML issues. Initial: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00016.html Update: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00017.html b. Extending XLIFF with separate namespaces. Some thought has been put into this issue but not yet even in draft form. ACTION ITEM: Mat & Andzrej will work offline to advance this work. 4/XLIFF 1.2 Certification activities: Placeholder for any Ignite issues requiring discussion... c. Best practice: should extraction process create target elements? Topic proposed by Doug. Discussed in mailing list: Initial Proposal (Doug): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00023.html Comment (Bryan): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00023.html Comment (Tony): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00035.html Comment (Rodolfo): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00032.html Need a meeting to discuss the best practices for DITA / XML XLIFF transformations, amongst the issues noted above. Proposal: Tuesday 25 April? 5/ Reports from liaisons involved with other standards groups: A. W3C i18n B. Oscar C. Trans-WS D. LRC E: OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita 6/Events- none scheduled 7/All other business 8/Next meeting: in 2 weeks - 2 May 2006, 11am EST / 4pm BST OR 4 weeks - 16 May 2006? Minutes: This event is one in a list of recurring events. Other event dates in this series: Tuesday, 17 January 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET Tuesday, 21 February 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET Tuesday, 21 March 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET Tuesday, 16 May 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET Tuesday, 20 June 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET Tuesday, 18 July 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET View event details: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=9432 PLEASE NOTE: If the above link does not work for you, your email application may be breaking the link into two pieces. You may be able to copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR METHOD:PUBLISH VERSION:2.0 PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar BEGIN:VEVENT CATEGORIES:MEETING STATUS:TENTATIVE DTSTAMP:20060417T000000Z DTSTART:20060418T150000Z DTEND:20060418T160000Z SEQUENCE:5 SUMMARY:Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference DESCRIPTION:Standing monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference. \n1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers: \nFrom the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 \nFrom the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100 \nFrom the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000 \n\n2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key \n\n3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be: \n\na. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key \nb. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting. \n\nIf the organizer has started the meeting you will be: \n\na. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (030543) \nb. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key\n\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Mr. Tony Jewtushenko* URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=9432 UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=9432 END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR