Subject: Updated XLIFF 1.2 Schema

Schema changes:

  • Added equiv-text to inline elements except ‘sub’ and ‘mrk’. It’s an optional string with no restrictions.

<xsd:attribute name="equiv-text" type="xsd:string" use="optional"/>

  • Added equiv-trans to the ‘target’ element.

<xsd:attribute name="equiv-trans" type="xlf:AttrType_YesNo" use="optional" default="yes"/>

  • Removed ‘seg’ attribute from ‘mrk’ element.

For the strict version:

  • Added constraints for ‘mid’ attribute.

  • I also needed to change how elements were defined, using global element definitions rather than global complexType definitions.

Found a couple errors in the specification:

  • equiv-trans attribute is not listed in the ‘target’ element description.

  • typo: “occures”

I updated the Sample_AlmostEverything file to conform to the strict XLIFF (except for duplication names).

Regards,

Doug Domeny

Software Analyst

Ektron, Inc.