OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - Semi - Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference added

Semi - Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference has been added by Mr. Tony Jewtushenko*

Date:  Tuesday, 02 May 2006
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
Standing monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference. 
1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers: 
From the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 
From the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100 
From the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000 

2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key 

3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be: 

a. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key 
b. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting. 

If the organizer has started the meeting you will be: 

a. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (030543) 
b. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key

1/roll call 

2/Previous meeting minutes: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200604/msg00006.html

3/ Work in Progress: 
A. (OPEN) XLIFF 1.2 Specification 
a. Latest 1.2 specs:
Latest revision from Tony: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200605/msg00004.html
Recent revision from Tony: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200604/msg00009.html

Needs to be updated to include the traditional / strict usage guidelines.

b. (OPEN) Doug's latest XSD update: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200604/msg00007.html
It was agreed that we would use one namespace for XLIFF and with the filename we would switch between transitional and strict. It was agreed that we add a section to the spec which explains this.

Doug agreed to update the HTML profile: 
Rodolfa updated the PO: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200605/msg00000.html
and Java profiles: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200605/msg00002.html
Bryan updated the examples and they are included in the latest spec distribution archive

c.(DEFERRED) Doug's proposal to deprecate restype attribute for bin-target: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00022.html 
DECISION: Leave as is for 1.2 as it is too risky to make this change now. 

d.(CLOSED) Andzrej: XLIFF inline elements with special characteristics: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00001.html 
Response from Florian: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00005.html 
Response from Andzrej: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00006.html 
Issue: Do we open up the spec to address the rawreplace=' ' mechanism suggested by Florian? 
At past TC meeting, Andzrej explained the issue. Magnus also concurred that this is a very useful feature, but probably should rename to something more simple and clear. Tony prepared a ballot with all naming suggestions, and the ballot results are here-> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/ballot.php?id=975 
Ballot selected equiv-text as the attribute name. 
Andzrej will author spec modifications. 
ACTION:  Added to latest spec revision

(CLOSED) ISSUE: Related issue was raised by Florian regarding support for tools tips for providing guidelines to localisation tools users. It was suggested that the note element provides this capability, and mrk provides the ability to mark up inline by using the comment attribute, or even using custom attributes. 

B. Representation Guides: 
ISSUE: Spec needs to be reopened to deal with inline tags issue. 
Also need to add section on best practices for exchanging data between XLIFF and TMX, DITA, etc. Need to address the challenges of exchanging content in the g inline tag . TMX does not at this time support the g or x tags, which means any content in XLIFF with these tags will not exchange with TMX. It was suggested that TMX should be updated to support these tags, but since XLIFF TC is not the owner of the specs, it was suggested that Andrzej suggest these enhancements to the OSCAR committee at LISA. Andzrej indicated that TMX is due for a revision soon and this may be a good time to suggest enhancements. 

ACTION: Andzrej to submit g and x tags to OSCAR as enhancements to TMX. 
ACTION: HTML representation guide will need to be reopened with recommendations for inline tags g and x may mean restricting use to b/e pt. 
ACTION: Adding Use Cases (with example code) for how to exchange TM with TMX is advised, and how to exchange metrics with GMX. 

Feedback from LISA OSCAR? 

Rodolfa is working on an example of exchanging TM between TMX and XLIFF and will try to have this by the next meeting. 

Rodolfa explained that GMX could be used as a namespace replacing the prop element. 

b. (DEFERRED) NET & Windows Resources 
Latest draft of Windows Res Data Resources (revised 21 Sep 2005): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200509/msg00011.html 

ISSUE: TC considering dropping this representation guide from list of deliverables for 1.2. 

There was no progress to report. 

c. (OPEN) Java Resource Bundles 
Rudolfa is working on this and produced a new draft: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200605/msg00002.html 

d. (OPEN) PO Files: 
Updated PO files representation document to 1.2 specification -> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00007.html 
Issue: This document needs to be approved as 1.2 committee draft. Will discuss if a ballot should take place in the meeting or online... 
Rudolfo revised with recommended approach for handling escape sequences:  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200605/msg00000.html

D. Open issues: 
a. Translation of Voice XML Issues 
NEW UPDATE (5 Mar 2006) from Mat: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00003.html 

Archived Historical detail: 
~ Open until resolution of namespace issue. 
- Action Item: Mat will submit a proposal on how to handle Voice XML issues. 
Initial: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00016.html 
Update: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00017.html 

b. Extending XLIFF with separate namespaces. 
Some thought has been put into this issue but not yet even in draft form. 
ACTION ITEM: Mat & Andzrej will work offline to advance this work.

Bryan suggested that it would be a good idea to set a deadline for completion of the representation guides. 
Our final work will be finished on May 2nd with all changes to specifications and profiles complete before this. May 9th will be the date for final changes. A ballot will be created on May 9th and will close on the 16th. This will be to accept all work. 

c. (OPEN) Best practice: should extraction process create target elements? 
Topic proposed by Doug. Discussed in mailing list: 
Initial Proposal (Doug): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00023.html 
Comment (Bryan): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00023.html 
Comment (Tony): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00035.html 
Comment (Rodolfo): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00032.html 

Need a meeting to discuss the best practices for DITA / XML XLIFF transformations, amongst the issues noted above. 
Tony will talk o Christian about and schedule a meeting if needed. 
Rodolfa suggested that Tuesday would not be a good idea to have it on Tuesday as this conflicts with the DITA meeting. 
Proposal: Wednesday, 3 May at 4pm BST / 11am EST?

4/XLIFF 1.2 Certification activities: 
Placeholder for any Ignite issues requiring discussion... 

5/ Reports from liaisons involved with other standards groups: 
A. W3C i18n 
B. Oscar 
C. Trans-WS 
E: OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita 

6/Events- none scheduled 

7/All other business 

8/Next meeting: in 2 weeks 11am EST / 4pm BST 16 May 2006


View event details:

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web

PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
SUMMARY:Semi - Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference
DESCRIPTION:Standing monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference. \n1. Call one of the
  MeetingPlace phone numbers: \nFrom the AMER region dial: *
  1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 \nFrom the APAC region dial: * +61 2
  8817 6100 \nFrom the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000 \n\n2. Enter
  the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key \n\n3. If the organizer
  has not started the meeting you will be: \n\na. Asked to speak your
  name followed by the # key \nb. Placed in the waiting room on music
  hold until the organizer starts the meeting. \n\nIf the organizer has
  started the meeting you will be: \n\na. Asked to enter the Meeting
  Password (030543) \nb. Asked to speak your name followed by the #
  key\n\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF)
  TC\nCreator: Mr. Tony Jewtushenko*

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]