Subject: AW: [xliff] Revised XLIFF Profile for Java Resource Bundles

Dear Christian, dear Rodolfo,

I think we can drop my message msg00013.html, because we do not know if the .NET profile or Winres profile will be part of the initial deliverables for XLIFF 1.2

Instead I would like to raise the quation how you feel about undecorating escaped control characters after tagging the placables.

 " Florian''s example: '{'The disk \"{1}\" contains {0,choice,0#no files|1#one file|1<{0,number,integer} files}.}"

Instead of

Florian''s example: '{'The disk \"<ph ...>{1}</ph>\" contains <ph...>{0,choice,0#no files|^#one file|1<{0,number,integer} files}</ph>.}

it would be nicer to have:

Florian's example: {The disk \"<ph ...>{1}</ph>\" contains <ph...>{0,choice,0#no files|^#one file|1<{0,number,integer} files}</ph>.}

Mapping of ' -> ' ' and { to '{' is needed to keep { as a control character. after tagging the control sequences are either stored in the sceleton file or within the ph tags. The mapping is not needed and for a translator it would be much easier to edit the unmapped text.

Just an idea.

Best regards from Bonn,
Florian

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rodolfo M. Raya [mailto:rmraya@heartsome.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2006 13:15
An: Lieske, Christian
Cc: XLIFF TC

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 08:44 +0200, Lieske, Christian wrote:
Hi Rodolfo, all,
Thanks for working on the update. Since, as you mention, the amount of changes seems to be
substantial, I wonder if you could quickly let us know whether the feedback we gathered (see
links below) for this resource type has been integrated.
Thanks in advance,
Christian
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/email/archives/200509/msg00013.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/email/archives/200509/msg00023.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/email/archives/200509/msg00025.html

Hi Christian,

I did not contemplate those messages when revising the draft. Some issues raised there were included by coincidence, but there are other aspects that should be incorporated.

Many thanks for the feedback. I will add the missing information to the profile.

Best regards,
The information in this e-mail is intended strictly for the addressee, without prejudices, as a confidential document. Should it reach you, not being the addressee, it is not to be made accessible to any other unauthorised person or copied, distributed or disclosed to any other third party as this would constitute an unlawful act under certain circumstances, unless prior approval is given for its transmission. The content of this e-mail is solely that of the sender and not necessarily that of Heartsome.