[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: [xliff] Re: XLIFF 1.2 Committee Draft Spec
Thanks to all who submitted their spec issues. While I can complete the revisions to the spec spotted and submitted bar one, I couldn't get it done by the deadline for the ballot, which has in fact passed (10am or even 11am EST).
Although most of the revisions are small, there are a lot of them and then there's the one pointed out by Rudolfo regarding use of spaces in seg-source between mrk's which can't be fixed by a simple revision. We'll have to discuss it and make a decision. In any case I'll send out a revised 1.2 Committee Draft spec late today that will address the typos, missing bits and details that were submitted.
We had two scenarios outlined as of last week for how the ballot would proceed:
1/publish final committee draft spec today - have 1 week ballot in time for next Tuesday's TC meeting.
2/if not published today, spec would be published before next Tuesday and would have a role call ballot to approve as Committee Draft.
I would like to propose a 3rd option - to postpone the TC teleconference for one week until Tuesday 23 May, so we work towards publishing a final committee draft before next Tuesday 16 May, and set up a web ballot commencing 1 week before the TC teleconference.
Option 1 is no longer viable, - so we're down to 2 options still - #2 and #3.