Subject: More XSD & Spec revisions

Asgeir has idendtified a number of other minor problems with the spec & XSD.  I've noted the revisions required below,  but if anyone has any further input please provide it as soon as possible.  I suggest that Doug go ahead and make the necessary changes to the XSD and I'll send a revised spec later today.  We'll need final revisions done by Monday.

Again thanks for Asgeir for his careful review and identification of the spec and XSD.

Hopefully this represents the last of the spec issues.

Regards,
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Asgeir Frimannsson [mailto:asgeirf@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 May 2006 01:31
To: Tony Jewtushenko
Subject: More XLIFF spec corrections
Hi Tony,
Some further minor corrections to the XLIFF spec:
2.5.1. Adding Elements:
<xliff> and <seg-source> are listed as extension points - they are not
in the schema
(the listed <xliff> element above also has an incorrect html anchor link)
TONY> this needs to be corrected in the spec.  I'm sure we added an extension point at xliff and I'm somewhat certain seg-source should also have one.

2.5.2. Adding Attributes:
<xliff> and <seg-source> support non-xliff attributes in the schema,
but are not listed here.
(This probably relates to the issue above - a mixup when updating the spec?)
In addition, <tool> is currently listed, but does not support
non-xliff attributes in the schema.
TONY>I'll revise the spec but tool needs to be updated in the schema.
2.5.3. Adding Attribute Values
Again, alttranstype and reformat supports user defined values ('x-')
in the schema, but are not listed here.
TONY>I'll revise the spec
Element detail for <target>:
Missing description of equiv-trans and equiv-trans is not listed in
optional attributes
TONY>I'll revise the spec
Element detail for <group>:
Missing description of merged-trans and merged-trans is not listed in
optional attributes
TONY>I'll revise the spec
Element detail for <alt-trans>
No anchor on <seg-source> element in description
TONY>I'll revise the spec
cheers,
asgeir