Subject: RE: [xliff] Revised XLIFF 1.2 Committee Draft Archive

Dear all,

I second Magnus' requests.

Cheers,
Christian

From: Magnus Martikainen [mailto:MMartikainen@sdl.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 16. Mai 2006 01:51
To: Tony Jewtushenko; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi all,

I have two suggestions:

1) I would strongly suggest that we allow custom elements as extension to the <xliff> content, not just attributes.

The intention with the extension point for the XLIFF element is to provide a suitable place to store information that applies to all files in the XLIFF document. Some examples could include: total document word count statistics, contact information, deadlines, tool settings, guidelines, embedded translation memories and glossaries, etc. I believe that for many of these purposes attributes are simply not sufficient.

2) I recently used the <internal-file> element and noticed that there is no way to store the file name and date/time stamp of the embedded file. May I suggest that we update the schema & spec to:

a) Add an optional file-name attribute to the <internal-file> element that may be used to store the original file name of the embedded file.

b) Allow custom attributes for the <internal-file> element, which can be used to store e.g. last modified date etc.

I realize this is very late in the game, and I really apologize for my late feedback; I’ve been traveling heavily the last 3 weeks and have not had a chance to go through my emails properly.

Regards,

Magnus