Subject: RE: [xliff] Groups - Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference modified

Hi Andrzej:

Thanks for the warning...

Regards,
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrzej Zydron [mailto:azydron@xml-intl.com]
Sent: 18 July 2006 15:27
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Tony,

I may not be able to participate in today's call due to unforeseen
circumstances at the last moment. In view of my recent workload it may
be best if I demote myself to observer status until I have more time to
devote.

Best Regards,

AZ

tony.jewtushenko@productinnovator.com wrote:
> Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference has been modified by Mr. Tony Jewtushenko*
>
> Date:  Tuesday, 18 July 2006
> Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET
>
> Event Description:
> Standing monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference.
> 1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers:
> From the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253
> From the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100
> From the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000
>
> 2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key
>
> 3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be:
>
> a. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key
> b. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the
meeting.

> If the organizer has started the meeting you will be:
>
> a. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (030543)
> b. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key
>
> Agenda:
> Agenda:
> 1/roll call
>
> 2/Previous meeting minutes
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200606/msg00018.html)  Amend,
Approve, Reject as official record

> 3/ Work in Progress:
> A. XLIFF 1.2 Specification
> Committee Spec Process:
>
> We've reached an important milestone - XLIFF 1.2 has finally been
announced publicly.  Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work, TC!
The Official OASIS announcement of XLIFF 1.2 Public Review was made 14 July
2006.  The review will last 60 days and ends 12 September.  We'll need to
monitor the comments list to ensure any issues submitted are dealt with by
the TC.  Volunteers for monitoring mailing lists will be solicited at the
teleconference.

> Along with the 1.2 public review was a call for IPR disclosure - any
individual or organisation with any IPR claims relating to the work of the
XLIFF TC should make their claims known:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200607/msg00011.html

> Regarding affidavits:
> The OASIS TC standards process requires that we submit 3 affidavits from
Organisational members (ie.,  not individual or associate members) in order
to submit the spec to OASIS standard process. The following is an acceptable
template for such affidavits:

> "I certify that  is successfully using the XLIFF 1.2 specification, as
approved for submission to the OASIS membership, consistent with the
requirements of the OASIS Technical Committee Process."

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00003.html
> Archived Historical detail:
> ~ Open until resolution of namespace issue.
> - Mat confirmed that this issue is currently on hold. He will raise again
when it becomes an issue in the future.
> Initial: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00016.html
> Update: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00017.html
>
> b. Extending XLIFF with separate namespaces.
> Some thought has been put into this issue but not yet even in draft form.
> ACTION ITEM: Mat & Andzrej will work offline to advance this work.
>
> c. (Closed - placeholder for revision of FAQ/Whitepaper) Best practice:
should extraction process create target elements?
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00023.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00025.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00035.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00032.html

> The optional meeting took place Thursday 1 June.  The meeting notes are
detailed here:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200606/msg00006.html
> As a very brief summary, it was agreed that any XLIFF compliant tool
should be capable of dealing with empty target elements, since it valid
XLIFF. We did not feel it necessary to make any changes to the spec,  but
felt that an entry in the FAQ and/or whitepaper covering the topic would be
helpful.  We'll keep this item as a working agenda item until it's time to
revise the FAQ / Whitepaper with this information.

> d. (OPEN) XLIFF - DITA Best Practices:
> Purpose of this discussion is to brainstorm what the TC can and should do
to provide guidance to those who want to localise / translate DITA content,
with potential recommended best practice centered around XLIFF as
intermediate container.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200606/msg00014.html

> RECOMMENDATION TO XLIFF TC:
>
> The best practice of interchanging data between DITA and XLIFF is the same
issue as how to interchange data XML and XLIFF in general... e.g., how to
use XLIFF with ITS,  XML:tm, etc.  We suggest that the TC author profile
documents similar to the other profiles we've developed,  ie,  HTML
profile... in them we recommend which elements to use or avoid, skeleton
file approach, transformation approach, other common problems and
recommended solutions.  Should address XLIFF  ITS, XLIFF  XML:TM, XLIFF
DITA, maybe XLIFF  Docbook.

> 4/XLIFF 1.2 Certification activities:
> Ignite had their 2nd meeting last month - feedback and report from
Reinhard if he is in attendance.

> 5/XLIFF Face to Face?
> There's an OASIS Open Standards Day happening in Germany at the tekom
conference (Europe's largest multi-lingual software trade show). The TC
hasn't had a TC F2F in years, and it would be good timing to schedule a TC
Face to Face to brainstorm what our next objectives and steps should be.

> Date: 8-9 November 2006
> Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
> Venue: Rhein-Main-Hallen
> Hosted by: Gesellschaft fr technische Kommunikation e.V. - tekom
> Website: http://www.tceurope.org/conference/tcworld.htm
>
> At the last meeting it was suggested this would be a good idea, but more
details are required in order to justify travel, etc.  Alternatively, a F2F
can be held during the LRC XI Conference in Dublin, 25th-26th October 2006.
(http://www.localisation.ie/resources/conferences/2006/index.htm)

-----------------------

http://127.0.0.1:6083/Panda?ID=pav_57037&SPAM=true

-----------------------

> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> METHOD:PUBLISH
> VERSION:2.0
> PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN
> X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
> BEGIN:VEVENT
> CATEGORIES:MEETING
> STATUS:TENTATIVE
> DTSTAMP:20060717T000000Z
> DTSTART:20060718T150000Z
> DTEND:20060718T160000Z
> SEQUENCE:8
> SUMMARY:Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference
>   MeetingPlace phone numbers: \nFrom the AMER region dial: *
>   1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 \nFrom the APAC region dial: * +61 2
>   8817 6100 \nFrom the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000 \n\n2. Enter
>   the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key \n\n3. If the organizer
>   has not started the meeting you will be: \n\na. Asked to speak your
>   name followed by the # key \nb. Placed in the waiting room on music
>   hold until the organizer starts the meeting. \n\nIf the organizer has
>   started the meeting you will be: \n\na. Asked to enter the Meeting
>   Password (030543) \nb. Asked to speak your name followed by the #
>   key\n\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF)
>   TC\nCreator: Mr. Tony Jewtushenko*

URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=94
35

UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=94
35
> END:VEVENT
> END:VCALENDAR

OASIS
> at:

email - azydron@xml-intl.com
smail - c/o Mr. A.Zydron
	PO Box 2167
         Gerrards Cross
         Bucks SL9 8XF
	United Kingdom
Mobile +(44) 7966 477 181
FAX    +(44) 1753 480 465
www - http://www.xml-intl.com

may not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Unless
explicitly stated otherwise this message is provided for informational
purposes only and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer.