Subject: XLIFF 1.2 Spec revision 20061017

A revised spec is attached, and I shall set up another ballot to approve as Committee Draft immediately.

The changes made were to correct mostly minor typos (thanks to Rodolfo for catching them):

1.       Character encoding was changed to utf-8.

2.       Normative date of XML 1.0 was recently changed by W3C. The XLIFF 1.2 spec has been updated to the new date of Sep 2006.

3.       Verb tense describing deprecated attributes were inconsistent,  revised all instances to:  “was DEPRECATED in XLIFF 1.1” or “is DEPRECATED in XLIFF 1.2”

I have deleted the previous ballot for the committee draft and will shortly be creating a new ballot for this revision to be accepted as a committee draft.  Apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Tony

cd-xliff-core-1.2-20061017.zip