OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [xliff] UPDATE: [xliff] XLIFF TC 2006 F2F Agenda

Phone is working – please feel free to dial in



-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Jewtushenko [mailto:tony.jewtushenko@productinnovator.com]
Sent: 09 November 2006 14:17
To: 'Tony Jewtushenko'; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [xliff] UPDATE: [xliff] XLIFF TC 2006 F2F Agenda


Folks – we’re having problems using the phone delivered to our room…


We’re going to try again but the phone is not a conference phone so it’s use is rather limited anyway… I will record the meeting and post it to the TC webpage.










-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Jewtushenko [mailto:tony.jewtushenko@productinnovator.com]
Sent: 08 November 2006 07:50
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff] UPDATE: [xliff] XLIFF TC 2006 F2F Agenda


Venue:  Tekom conference, Rhein Main Hallen, Wiesbaden, Raom Nassau.  Follow signs for 1A rooms – at stairs going down go left at the sign.


Dial-up Instructions: It looks like we’ll have a phone line.  We plan to use the regular dial-up instructions, but I will reconfirm the details before end of day today. Please plan to dial in:


1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers:

From the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253

From the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100

From the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000

2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key


3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be:


a. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key

b. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting.


If the organizer has started the meeting you will be:


a. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (030543)

b. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key



-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Jewtushenko [mailto:tony.jewtushenko@productinnovator.com]
Sent: 06 November 2006 20:49
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff] XLIFF TC 2006 F2F Agenda


XLIFF TC Face 2 Face 2006

Date: Thursday, 9 November

Time: 3pm – 6pm CET

Location: Wiesbaden, Germany Tekom conference centre (exact room location still pending – if attending Tekom, please check your email on Wednesday or send me contact/mobile phone details and I’ll call back with details ASAP)

Dial-up instructions:  it appears venue does not support teleconferencing capability so apologies to those planning to dial-in. An audio recording of the meeting shall be attempted and will be posted for the TC. If provisions can be made for teleconferencing, dial-up instructions will be provided ASAP.

Note: Meeting may not achieve quorum.  If this is the case, the resulting meeting deliverables shall be referred to the TC as recommendations for formal action at the next TC teleconference.


Tony’s mobile phone number is:  +353.87.2479057 and will be operational at the conference.




1/Welcome and Introductions

  a. Adjustments to Agenda

2/Survey of Recent XLIFF TC Deliverables

  a. XLIFF 1.2 Committee Draft Spec

  b. XLIFF Representation Guides

     i (X)HTML

     ii +PO/POT Gettext Files

     iii +Java Resource Bundles

3/Remaining 1.2 Deliverables

   a. XLIFF 1.2 Committee Draft & (X)HTML Representation Guide Public Review #2 (15 days)

   b XLIFF 1.2 Committee Spec Ballot

   c OASIS Organisational Member Affidavits of Use of Spec

   d Submission of XLIFF 1.2 and Representation Guides to OASIS Standards Review

4/Strategic Planning

   a. What’s next after XLIFF 1.2?

      i. Additional Representation Guides?

         Which formats shall we target? Shall we work on .NET/Win32?

      ii. Guides / Reference Implementations for Interoperability with Other Standards?

         Already some work with DITA, ITS – can build upon this by implementing reference transformations / processes

         Shall the committee consider closer more formal collaboration with ITS & DITA committees?

         Proof of Concept implementations such as XML/XLIFF round-trip tool?

      iii. XLIFF Revision?  XLIFF 1.2 or XLIFF 2.0?

         Is it time yet to start discussing a new release?

         Subsetting / restricting XSD as proposed by Christian

         Terminology Markup?  Has been suggested by Kara Warburton of IBM some time ago to support terminology markup such as translate (yes/no), subject-categorization, type, etc.

       iv. Adoption Evangelism?

           Journal Articles? Conferences? IGNITE?

           Who? What? When?

       v. Does our TC Charter accurately reflect what we’re working towards?

     b. Membership

         Is there anyone we should reach out to?

     c. TC Leadership

         Who is interested in taking on the Role of Co-Chair?  Editor?  Secretary?

     d. TC Practices

         Do we want to consider any changes to our monthly teleconferences? E.g., do we want to consider becoming an email-only TC, or increase the frequency of calls?

         Do we want to develop and use a TC Wiki?  Source-control? Other means of communications or collaboration?

5/ Action Item Review & Closure


Tony Jewtushenko

Director- R&D - Product Innovator Ltd. (Ireland)

P: +353.1.8875183; M: +353.87.2479057; W: www.productinnovator.com


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]