Subject: TC Participation at the OASIS Symposium

Dear OASIS XLIFF TC Members:

As you may know, we have announced our annual spring OASIS Symposium on
“eBusiness and Open Standards: Understanding the Facts, Fiction, and
Future”, 15-20 April 2006 in San Diego, California. As in past years,
we're encouraging our Technical Committees Members to participate in at
least one of several opportunities available this year.  First and
foremost, TC Members are welcome to submit a presentation and/or tutorial
proposal for the program.  The deadline this year is approaching – 15
December. Guidelines and submission details may be found at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/2007/call-for-participation.php.

TCs are also encouraged to schedule face-to-face (F2F) meetings in
conjunction with the event.  We have taken the time to evaluate all the
feedback from last year (as well as previous years) and have decided to
waive the meeting fee and adjust our offerings. Details on these
adjustments may be found on the website at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/2007/committee-meetings.php.

In addition to all the above, we're planning several special
"member-related" events at the Symposium. One such event will be our
annual "OASIS TC Lightning Rounds". As you know, this is a great
opportunity to educate the members on what your TC is accomplishing, find
out the status of related work, appeal for input, and identify areas for
liaison and development. Each TC should designate one representative to
deliver a short presentation on the work of the TC. Presentations will be
compiled and posted on the OASIS website for future reference. Similar to
last year, we are hoping for approximately 3-4 slides or 2-3 minutes worth
of compact status data and pointers per TC.

Standards work is significantly improved by the kind of broad
cross-fertilization that the Symposium facilitates. We do hope you
consider these great opportunity for we want to emphasize how important
co-location and community-building is to our work at OASIS. We had a great
turnout last year and are very hopeful that our co-location option will be
even more positive this year.

As an OASIS Technical Committee Member, your help is needed to:

1. submit a presentation and/or tutorial proposal by the deadline of 15
December

2. discuss the advantages of holding a F2F at the Symposium during your
next TC meeting

3. reserve TC meeting space using the online form
(http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/2007/committee-meetings.php),
as soon as possible, so space can be allocated

4. and designate a representative to deliver an update on your TC's work
during our annual TC Lightning Round Sessions

Thank you in advance for your support. We look forward to seeing you all
in San Diego.

Regards,
Jane

Jane Harnad
Manager of Events
OASIS
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org
+1978-667-5115 ext 214
Office Hours:  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

Office Hours:  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday