Subject: FW: [xliff-comment] XLIFF 1.2 Specification: Normative references (editorial)

In case you did not get this...
-----Original Message-----
From: Grosso, Paul [mailto:pgrosso@ptc.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:08 PM
To: xliff-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff-comment] XLIFF 1.2 Specification: Normative references
(editorial)

The draft at http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/v1.2/pr03/xliff-core.html
has a normative reference to XML 1.0 dated Sept 2006 which is fine.
However, it also says "Second Edition", and the link (and Sept 2006
date) refer to the Fourth Edition.

I note you don't list editions for Namespaces in XML (which is at
the Second Edition).  I also note the references are not to the
dated versions, but to the generic versions which will change.
That is, http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/ will someday point to
the Fifth Edition with a different date.  If you are going to
put the date and/or refer to a specific edition, you should use
the dated URLs, e.g., http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816.
Your choice, but the Edition, date, and URL should be consistent
with one another.

paul

This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required
before posting.

Subscribe: xliff-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org