Subject: Groups - Standing TC Meeting (Conference Call) added

Standing TC Meeting (Conference Call) has been added by Bryan Schnabel*

Date:  Tuesday, 19 June 2007
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers:
From the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253
From the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100
From the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000

2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key

3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be:

A. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key
B. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting.

If the organizer has started the meeting you will be:

A. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (805534) - Note: this is the new password
B. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key

Agenda:
1/ roll call

2/ Approve Previous meeting minutes
Accept, reject, or amend.
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200706/msg00002.html

3/ XLIFF 1.2 Recent Events
 i   Rodolfo fixed the typo in the XML reference in the spec
 ii  Rodolfo fixed the file hierarchy
 iii Bryan submitted new files and hierarchy to Mary, requesting her to post
 iv  Bryan asked Mary to initiate a TC Ballot to pass the corrected hierarchy and files as XLIFF 1.2 Committee Specification
 v   Bryan received clarification from Mary on how to collect and submit affidavits
 vi  TC voted to return to once-per month meetings:
     http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/ballot.php?id=1303

4/ XLIFF 2.0 - Life after approval of XLIFF 1.2
- Below we have three lists: A. things we want to do, B. things we haven't decided upon yet, and C. things we rule out for 2.0.
- Let's look at each item in B. to see if we can move it into A. or C. (or if we're not sure, leave it in B.)
- Assign a TC member to each approved 2.0 item

A. Items the TC has identified as likely next pursuits for XLIFF 2.0
 i  Reference implementations or toolkit(s) similar to DITA
    (Rodolfo)
 ii XLIFF validator tool to be included in a toolkit
    (Rodolfo)
 v  XLIFF Round Trip tool could be modified to support:
    (DITA/ITS -> XLIFF -> Translated DITA model)
    (Bryan - it looks like I can change the xliffRoundTrip Tool license from GPL to Apache {according to an inquiry I made to licensing@fsf.org, the GPL license expert debunked our misconception that "Once something has a GPL license it is impossible to get out of it"})
    - Feature updates:
     - - Update to XLIFF 1.2
     - - Add option to produce minimalist or maximalist XLIFF round trip

B. Items the TC has not yet ruled out
 iii  Submitting to ISO once XLIFF becomes an OASIS standard
 iv   Additional Representation Guides (DITA,.NET / Win32, Docbook)
 vi   Subsetting / restricting XSD as proposed by Christian
 vii  Version control Metadata - need to track revision information
 viii Ability to store Multilingual Content.
 ix   Create a bare-bones XLIFF core, then provide extension modules that support additional features.
 x    "Simplify, Extend and Clarify"
      (Core XLIFF functionality would be in primary XLIFF namespace; would be very simple to implement.)
      (Extensions would provide support for more complicated features like, Segmentation, Pre-Translation, Generic Inline Markup, etc.)
 xi   Schema Catalogues; host a namespace Catalogues for XLIFF 3rd party custom / extension namespaces.
 xii  More work on inline-elements:
      (Separate inline elements from other elements? Maybe as an extension? Stronger rules for when to use each inline tag?)
 xiii Define a multi-lingual "Localisation Kit" format, which may include:
      (XLIFF content + original source material+ all target language files+ skeleton files + reference files + some sort of manifest document describing/defining the payload.
 xiv  Using XLIFF as a primary content authoring container.
      (Author stores contend directly to XLIFF instead of another proprietary format.)
 xv   Terminology Markup
      (Has been suggested by Kara Warburton of IBM some time ago to support terminology markup such as translate (yes/no), subject-categorization, type, etc.)
 xvi  [added April 15] Propose we create a requirements document for XLIFF 2.0 along the lines of the requirements document the W3C's XSLT committee drafted for their XSLT 2.0 requirements: http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20req

C. Items the TC has ruled out as likely features for XLIFF 2.0

5/ Next steps
A. June 16, TC Ballot Vote: Approve XLIFF 1.2 (corrected typo version) as Committee Spec Ballot
B. June 24, Begin to collect affidavits
C. Rename, re-title, repost XLIFF 1.2 Specification and profiles to reflect the Committee Specification status (Rodolfo)
   "Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations that they are successfully using the specification;"
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.4)
The following OASIS members were identified and sent requests:
- Fredrik Corneliusson, Lionbridge
- Christian Lieske, SAP AG
- Matthew Lovatt, Oracle Corporation
- Magnus Martikainen, SDL International (Magnus confirmed that the affidavit is available as soon as we need it)
- Peter Reynolds, Idiom Technologies, Inc
- Reinhard Schaler, Localisation Research Centre
(thanks to each member for attempting to obtain certification!)
## Tony said that LISA is also a qualified organization and that we could ask Michael or Arle
## Rodolfo said he can get a certification form Arle or Michael (Rodolfo is a member of the OSCAR Steering Committee)

D. Update whitepaper (Bryan will begin this; Rodolfo and Tony will contribute - Tony located the latest version here: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/document.php?document_id=3111)
E. Update FAQ (Doug, Christian, Rodolfo's work is here: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/FAQ)
F. Bryan and Tony submit a TC (via email) ballot for TC approval to submit the XLIFF 1.2 Committee Specification to the membership of OASIS for consideration as an OASIS Standard
G. Bryan and Tony request TC OASIS Administrator to submit the XLIFF 1.2 Committee Specification to the membership of OASIS for consideration as an OASIS Standard
H. [Date TBD] (assuming all conditions have been met) TC OASIS Administrator submits the XLIFF 1.2 Committee Specification to the membership of OASIS for consideration as an OASIS Standard
I. [Date TBD] OASIS members have until the middle of the month to vote (1st 14 days are reserved for OASIS members familiarizing themselves with the spec)
J. [Date TBD] If at least 15% of OASIS voting membership has voted to approve, and no negative votes, XLIFF 1.2 becomes an OASIS Standard.

6/ Reports from liaisons involved with other standards groups:
A. W3C i18n
B. Oscar
C. Trans-WS
D. LRC
E: OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee

7/ Any Other Business

Minutes:

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=15515

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20070615T000000Z
DTSTART:20070619T150000Z
DTEND:20070619T160000Z
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY:Standing TC Meeting (Conference Call)
  dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 \nFrom the APAC region dial:
  * +61 2 8817 6100 \nFrom the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000
  \n\n2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key \n\n3. If
  the organizer has not started the meeting you will be: \n\nA. Asked to
  speak your name followed by the # key \nB. Placed in the waiting room
  on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting. \n\nIf the
  organizer has started the meeting you will be: \n\nA. Asked to enter
  the Meeting Password (805534) - Note: this is the new password \nB.
  Asked to speak your name followed by the # key\n\nGroup: OASIS XML
  Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan
  Schnabel*
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=15515
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=15515
END:VEVENT