Subject: Plan to simplify our agendas: more emphasis on the XLIFF Wiki

Title: Message
Hello,

I regret that I had to take unexpected time away during July (thanks to Tony for chairing the meeting).  But I'm back now, getting our XLIFF activities back in focus.

One of the steps I'd like to take to make our path a little more friendly is to simplify our meeting agendas.  So I'd like to try a new approach starting with the agenda I'll send this Friday regarding our August 21 teleconference.

In short, I'd like the meeting agendas to contain far less information.  So I've updated our wiki (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff) with the details.  I plan to send a simple agenda that links to the appropriate details on the wiki.

I envision an agenda that might be as simple as something like this:

1. XLIFF 2.0 Goals (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0Goals).
2. XLIFF 1.2 Remaining Steps (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/RemainingApprovalSteps)
3. XLIFF 1.2 Recent Accomplishments
 a. FAQ Updated (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/FAQ)
 b. White paper Updated (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFFWhitePaper)
 c. Affidavits submitted (some URL)
4. Reports from liaisons involved with other standards groups
5. New Business / Adjourn

I think this new approach will be friendly assuming attendees are online during the teleconference.  One of the only advantages of the old way (loading the agenda up with details) is that somebody away from their computer could still follow along.

Please let me know if you have strong preferences one way or the other.  If nobody expresses great love for the old agenda format, I'll try this new approach to see how we like it.