[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Groups - XLIFF TC Monthly Teleconference modified
XLIFF TC Monthly Teleconference has been modified by Mr. Peter Reynolds Date: Tuesday, 18 September 2007 Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm ET Event Description: 1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers: From the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 From the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100 From the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000 2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key 3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be: A. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key B. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting. If the organizer has started the meeting you will be: A. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (805534) B. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key Agenda: 1/ roll call 2/ Approve previous meeting minutes: Accept, reject, or amend. (http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200707/msg00001.html) 3/ WIKI updated A. XLIFF 2.0 Goals (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0Goals) B. Approval of XLIFF 1.2 as an OASIS Specification: Remaining Steps (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/RemainingApprovalSteps) 4/ Christian raised three good issues A. Issue with (http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200709/msg00006.html) B. Official XLIFF guide for subsetting the XLIFF XSD (http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200709/msg00008.html) C. Named Types for XLIFF XSD (http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200709/msg00007.html) 5/ Representation guides A. ICU Resource Bundle Profile, proposed by Eric Mader (Eric to give a brief overview, TC could then decide if we want to schedule separate side-meeting for Eric to present the guide in detail) B. Other potential representation guides 6/ ISO submission 7/ XLIFF Webinar? (http://www.oasis-open.org/events/webinars/) 8/ Reports from liaisons involved with other standards groups: A. W3C i18n B. Oscar C. Trans-WS D. LRC E: OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee 9/ Any Other Business Minutes: 1/ roll call There were 6 members present as recorded in Kavi. 2/ Approve previous meeting minutes: Accept, reject, or amend. (http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200707/msg00001.html) This was agreed as a correct record. Proposed by Tony and Seconded by Doug. 3/ WIKI updated A. XLIFF 2.0 Goals (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0Goals) B. Approval of XLIFF 1.2 as an OASIS Specification: Remaining Steps (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/RemainingApprovalSteps) Tony suggested we use the following classification for proposed functionality: * Must have which has to be part of the next release. * Should have which will probably getting into the next release. * Nice to have which is a good idea that we want to record but is unlikely to be in the next release. We agreed it would be good to have a requirements document similar to XSL 2.0. We agreed to put proposed functionality into a table in the WIKI which showed this detail. We will ask Rodolfo to check whether there is a template document for requirements. Potential Goal 1. We agreed that Submitting to ISO once XLIFF becomes an OASIS standard should be something we do but should not be part of the 2.0 requirements. Potential Goal 2. Additional Representation Guides (DITA,.NET / Win32, Docbook) We agreed that we would this where it is as a should have Potential Goal 3. Subsetting / restricting XSD as proposed by Christian - V2.0 Should have We will wait until Christian discusses with TC Potential Goal 4. Version control Metadata - need to track revision information - V2.0 Tony mentioned this was intended for versioning control and was suggested at the face to face meeting. We have categorized this as a should have. Potential Goal 5. Ability to store Multilingual Content. - V2.0 We had a brief discussion on this and various questions were raised about how this would work. Bryan mentioned that his company achieve this through using the file element and having the same id and source for corresponding trans units. It was agreed that we would find the owner for this and they should champion it. Until then we will keep it on the requirements doc. Potential Goal 6. Create a bare-bones XLIFF core, then provide extension modules that support additional features. - V2.0 - Magnus to add more info on the benefits for this. "Simplify, Extend and Clarify" - V2.0 (Core XLIFF functionality would be in primary XLIFF namespace; would be very simple to implement.) (Extensions would provide support for more complicated features like, Segmentation, Pre-Translation, Generic Inline Markup, etc.) Magnus said that he will try and get back to this and add more information. It was agreed that this would be a must have. The remaining items will be discussed at our next meeting. 4/ Submission of XLIFF 1.2 as an OASIS standard. We have five certifications: Lionbridge, SDL, Idiom, LISA and LRC. The requirement is 3. Bryan is reviewing the whitepaper and checking for references to deprecated elements etc. Bryan will try and include a case study from his company and Moravia. The next step is to ask OASIS to submit this as a ballot. View event details: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=16753 PLEASE NOTE: If the above link does not work for you, your email application may be breaking the link into two pieces. You may be able to copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR METHOD:PUBLISH VERSION:2.0 PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar BEGIN:VEVENT CATEGORIES:MEETING STATUS:TENTATIVE DTSTAMP:20070918T000000Z DTSTART:20070918T150000Z DTEND:20070918T160000Z SEQUENCE:2 SUMMARY:XLIFF TC Monthly Teleconference DESCRIPTION:1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers: \nFrom the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 \nFrom the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100 \nFrom the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000 \n\n2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key \n\n3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be: \n\n A. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key \n B. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting. \n\nIf the organizer has started the meeting you will be: \n\n A. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (805534)\n B. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key\n\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan Schnabel* URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=16753 UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=16753 END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR